jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Do some Hubbers have a special ability to choose their followers?

1. Kylyssa profile image94
    Kylyssaposted 10 months ago

I recently ran across a hubber who made the assertion that he selects his followers carefully. A followup interaction revealed that he believes he gets the option to decide who can follow him and who cannot. Is this true? Do some hubbers have a special feature that allows them to choose who follows them?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 months ago in reply to this

I believe you can delete followers, but that's about it.

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Authors can do nothing to their followers.  It's entirely up to the each person who they follow, but you have no control over who follows you.

You can accept or delete fan mail, but that action has zero effect beyond that.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 10 months ago in reply to this

I see you've gotten answers from other Hubbers. I just wanted to confirm. You can not choose your followers or prevent others from following. Perhaps this Hubber simply meant he decided who he himself should follow carefully?

Kylyssaposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for responding. Apparently, he was under the impression that he could reject followers.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 10 months ago

Hub authors have no special powers or abilities when it comes to followers, and have never had anything resembling what he is describing in the history of the site.

That's what I thought. Thank you.

3. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 10 months ago

Not as far as I know. I think he is dreaming. He probably means he chooses who he follows carefully.

Perhaps that's what he means, but it seems unlikely from the context. Thanks for your response.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 10 months ago

Even were it true, I doubt it would provide much benefit.

Now don't get me wrong, having an electric set of steady readers is a wonderful thing. Maybe they all share your stuff to Google Plus, Twitter, or Facebook? Such things could be wonderful for your status and for the status of particular pages.

.....but I find that sometimes someone just likes someone else for reasons of their own understanding, or they do not for the same.

What would be most beneficial would be to have followers who are actually interested in your subjects of publication, then they can leave meaningful content comments. Comments are part of the page's content, you know - or you should.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Most people follow just because they are fishing for followers. Many of them have no, or very few hubs. Most never return to look at your hubs. Having a lot of followers may be beneficial if you are actively producing new hubs; otherwise they will make no difference.

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 10 months ago

https://i.imgflip.com/11hguj.jpg

working