jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Featuring Hubs

1. Golfwellnet profile image83
    Golfwellnetposted 6 months ago

I edited a Hub but it's not featured. It has a higher score than some of my other hubs that are featured.
    Not sure why that is?

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Take a look at WHY it's not featured and tell us. Then we can help.

2. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I recently have had this same dilemma. The score was higher than any initial score I have had in the past and was not featured. Is it a conundrum of humor or is it a conundrum of confusing and difficult? So, in essence my empathy is extended. Can you post a link to it for the experienced greater than I to peek at?

First. IMHO, is to be familiar and understand the QAP process for ‘New Hubs’ published.

A Human Outsource MTurk readers rate a Hub based on Substance, Organization, and Grammar. That is subjective based upon objective guidelines. Those guidelines follow below.

A bot crawl technique based on the wizardry of programming uses an algorithm to assess Hubs. It is a concrete measurement solely objective. That algorithm is very thorough, can be tweaked by programming, and is very sly metaphorically. Notation: That process occurs through programed intervals and may be constant.

So, what to do with a conundrum now observed may be a trend with New Hubs.

1 Look at the score

2 Compare it with HubPages Rating Scale

3 Notate that a common cause for not featured for New Hubs is spammy elements. Seen at the Rating Scale Guide is that is no longer listed for a rating at 8, which is the new aim for Niche sites as announced by HP Blog.

4 Review how HP 'Defines Spammy Elements'

5 Review what a Stellar Hub is.

6 Give your attention to the recommended word count at 1,150 while observing this quote, “Filler text, fluff, personal conjecture, and pointless rambling does not cut the mustard here."

7 Remember and consider that the MTurk process knows those objectives above when subjectively assessing a Hub.

8 Remember to have Fun, Fun, Fun . . . as best as can be . . .

2. firstcookbooklady profile image81
    firstcookbookladyposted 6 months ago

In golf, is it better to get a hole in one or one in the hole?

1. Golfwellnet profile image83
      Golfwellnetposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Haha! A semantics issue. No matter how you say it when you are at the tee on a par three short golf hole and you try to get your golf ball in the hole in three shots to make a par, if perchance you hit the ball and it goes into a 4.5" diameter hole, you are thrilled beyond expectations as most golfers don't do this in a life time.
      Thanks for your comment cookbooklady!
      Team at <snipped>