jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Is an image source a spam?

1. robredman profile image80
    robredmanposted 5 months ago

When I click edit button of hub which is not published I am seeing :

I am using 11 images for the hub and 3 of the images are from 2 sites.So in image sour I mentioned the website name and in source url I put the websites url.

Is it spam?

I have another two links I mentioned in the hub
    1. Bookings.com and
    2. Tripadvisor.com

Is it spam?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You are limited to two links to any one website.  There are some exceptions, but the ones you mentioned are not on the list.

By the way, you shouldn't be using images from that site. They are likely to be copyrighted images. You can only use images if you have permission to use them, or you have taken them yourself.  Check out the Learning Center entry about legal image use.

robredmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Now this how helping people. Thank you so much.

"You are limited to two links to any one website. " I read this in http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents before I start to writing hubs. I put a local tour agency links as images sources for only two photos. So basically I put two same links for different images as the image source.

If I put "Photo credit to my friend - MY FRIEND NAME" , how this will be considered?

I am afraid to edit and publish again because it's already 'Not Published' once and I read somewhere "edit and publishing, again and again, may lead your hubs to get deleted.

So I want to figure what exactly the issue with my hub before I edit it again.

Anyhow one of my hub http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Stay- … ies-Part-1 has been featured and it has external links for some official sites.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 months ago

I've used a friend's photo (with his permission of course) and I put "photo courtesy of (person's name)" as the source.

robredmanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info FatFreddyCat..
      So that is not the problem. We can use our friends'' photo and credit to them.

I am so confused now.
      I have,
      2 photos source URL  -  www.example1.com
      1 photo source URL - www.example2.com

bookings.com and tripadvisor.com in a paragraph.
      And, I am getting the following message:

Please address the moderator set alert below before you publish this Hub.
      Needs Improvement
      This Hub is unpublished because it did not receive high enough ratings to meet HubPages' quality standards or because it contains spammy elements. It will remain unpublished until it is edited, published again, and rated high enough to be Featured. To see our rating criteria, please visit our official rating scale (we recommend shooting for criteria matching Hubs rated eight or above).

hurrmmm.. sad

1. tsmog profile image84
        tsmogposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Maybe this link might help: Rating Criteria for informational Hubs.

A note is I am not sure about images being considered spam. They do need to be Legal to use. They only require correct attribution in a format similar to below. The source link is optional. Here is a link to proper Image Use at HubPages

Name of image author, Attribution for License usually a Creative Commons designation, where the image is from.

EX: Joe Smith, CC0 Public Domain, via Pixabay

How I do my own images are My Name, CC0 Public Domain, via Home Pic Files. But, some I do not want the image used, so I use a different Creative Commons designation. I suggest become familiar to those.

Here is a link to Creative Commons. There is where you will find information on the different designations.

Some sites offer images for Free usage. Some of them are for a fee. The professional sites will share what the attribution to use is. Some example sites are:

Wikimedia Commons

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 5 months ago

There are other things that can be flagged as spammy, maybe you should post a link?