jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Value of a Good Digital Camera

1. Useray profile image78
    Userayposted 7 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Value of a Good Digital Camera. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Looks like you are using copyright images. Surely, as a photographer, you could add your own photos?

The article itself is very general. You have to remember that your hub is literally fighting for search engine traffic. What can you offer that is different from all the other zillions of photography websites out there? What will make people click on a Google link to your hub in preference to somewhere else?

Good luck.

Userayposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the reply. I am new to the online marketing world and was mistakenly (clearly) under the impression that if you buy an image (which I did with both the images in the post), they become attribution free?

Okay, I will have to go and search to hopefully find the source and give credit where it is due.

Thank you again.

1. theraggededge profile image93
          theraggededgeposted 7 months ago in reply to this

Okay, I didn't know you'd bought them. I wonder why they carry a copyright symbol? It's always good to include the source of a photo as it is one of the ways to make QAP happy.

You can find good images at places like Compfight - search under the Creative Commons license or look at http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

I still don't understand if you are writing about digital cameras why you can't take your own photos? It looks kind of odd in the hub, if you know what I mean? You should be showing visual examples of the points you are making.

Thankful for your input. Appreciate it.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 7 months ago in reply to this

You need to post something from your own personal experience.  To me someone recommending cameras, with no pictures of their own as examples, is probably giving rehashed poor quality advice. It's like someone making recipe suggestions with no pictures of their own cooking.

To put it bluntly: you assert to know "how to become a photographer".  So where are your photographs?

Also your language use is very awkward and non-colloquial.  I can give specific examples if you are interested.

p.s. your survey should have a fourth "other" option,  For beginners I always recommend Pentax.

Thankful for the advice.

working