jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Inappropriate links

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 11 months ago

Recently, the machine that decides on all matters of great pith and moment got all huffy over a piece I wrote about gender definitions. What got its diodes all heated up was a link to a website called Gender Spectrum, which is a seemingly responsible outfit that offers advice to people who are questioning their gender. I found the group useful in my research and added a link in my sources. This is among the many things I don't understand.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago in reply to this

You have far too many links in your sources area.  Name the sources but don't "link" them and you'll probably be OK.

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
        Rupert Taylorposted 11 months ago in reply to this

That's a shame. I like to give credit to all the sources I use in writing a piece. It gives people a chance to easily access more information if they want to. The other issue is I have no credibility as an expert on gender, or most other subjects, but I'm an old school journalist who knows how to research information, distill it, and cobble it together in a readable form. It's important to credit all sources.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 months ago in reply to this

You can still credit them...just don't do the links.  HP does not want writers to include links that take readers off the site.

working