jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

Freeform Discussion

1. theraggededge profile image96
    theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago

I do wish the Freeform discussion category was moved to the Topical Forums. The 'playful' threads clutter up what should be the place to discuss hubs and writing for HP.

1. threekeys profile image83
      threekeysposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

The clarification is helpful.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image90
      Jayne Lancerposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I agree with this. I find it annoying, too, when people start threads in Freeform Discussion that aren't games and other vacuous fun etc., but also have absolutely nothing to do with HubPages, as though it were some sort of miscellaneous forum—perhaps renaming would solve this problem.

2. EricDockett profile image95
    EricDockettposted 4 weeks ago

I agree 100%. Unfortunately this has been brought up before and nothing changed.

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 weeks ago

You are a serious lot, lol.

1. DrMark1961 profile image91
      DrMark1961posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I think that is one reason we no longer hear from Beth, the ex-forum queen.
      (Either that or she is busy up there in the US slaughtering goats to figure out who will be the next president.)

1. Will Apse profile image90
        Will Apseposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I miss Beth. There was a particularly serious and intense individual who managed to bait her enough to get her banned, I think.

p.s. given that the conservative half of the US is about to vote for Donald 'Grab-em' Trump, the mods should forget about all standards of decorum. The old moral majority are obviously beyond shocking these days, lol.

1. Solaras profile image93
          Solarasposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

I miss Beth too, and Mark E. There are a number of writers who used to be here regularly that have since disappeared.The topical forums seem like a dank, seedy place, especially those religious ones.

Beth was definitely a bad influence on me and often caused me to have unproductive fun. In my old school, they would have labelled her an 'instigator' and probably beaten her with wooden instruments. If I had been beaten less, I would probably have a better attitude to authority, lol.

Anyway...

Theraggededge reckons no dancing, no singing and no messing around in the bike sheds.

These puritan things are usually guilt. I reckon she can't forgive herself for that recent pun.smile

I think going off topic makes these threads a lot more interesting.
              So what do you think of those Cubbies? (I´ve been waiting forever to say that.)

You need to spend more time in bars, lol.

Patrons at our sports bars only discuss Football. (It is, after all, the opiate of the Brazilian people.)

I take a hard line with football talk in bars. I'm lucky that expats are not much given to violence, lol.

2. theraggededge profile image96
              theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Ha ha.

I've no problem with a bit of off-topicness. In fact, I like sunshine on a cloudy day and all that. It's when people add threads which clearly belong elsewhere. Luckily they don't attract much attention and soon disappear. So perhaps I was in a bad mood, or something big_smile

working