jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

More traffic from Pinterest than Google

1. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 3 months ago

i just noticed a few days ago that I received more traffic from my Pinterest page than google! How is that possible? is anyone else seeing this?

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes many people see this happen. Why is it so hard to believe smile

One of my hubs constantly receives Pinterest traffic, it's a seasonal hub and there's just 3 months in the year that google traffic shoots up. The rest of the year it's mainly pinterest.

2. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Definitely possible it is a great source of traffic and one of my own favourite sites.

3. OldRoses profile image87
      OldRosesposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Pinterest is my number one source for traffic.  I think the "problem" with Google is that anything written for Hub Pages doesn't get good placement.  Also when people are looking at Google results, they are less likely to click on something from Hub Pages.  I have been guilty of this myself.  It's a result of years of really, really bad writing on HP.  I don't want to waste my time reading something that is poorly written and/or riddled with factual errors.  If I know the author, I will click the link.  Otherwise, I just skip over it.

2. Grant's World profile image81
    Grant's Worldposted 3 months ago

Pinterest is a fantastic source of traffic for any topic

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 3 months ago

Pinterest is my #2 source of traffic on Hubpages and all the sites I own. Images can go viral over and over again.

4. Fanette profile image86
    Fanetteposted 3 months ago

I am beginning to post my Hubs on Pinterest, as well. It is a source of traffic for me, but I am also looking for other traffic sources. Any suggestions?

1. sallybea profile image97
      sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, Flipboard, read Glenn Stock's article on how to learn how to use it.

2. Astra Nomik profile image79
      Astra Nomikposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I suggest you set up a Wordpress or Weebly blog, and showcase your writing more, extend your reach. You can also set up a free Twitter and Facebook account, where you will get noticed quickly for your good writing. Using social media can grow your audience. I also use Pinterest and it's a great slow boiler way to accrue followers and pinners.

5. Good Guy profile image92
    Good Guyposted 3 months ago

I would say my Google traffic has plummeted to record rock bottom that even my low Pinterest traffic is now "more than" Google's!

working