jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Handicraft-Grandeur of Creative Craft

1. Deepika ojha profile image79
    Deepika ojhaposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Handicraft-Grandeur of Creative Craft. What can I do to improve? Thanks!
    I am a newbie hubber and I would be glad if you will tell the areas or sections in my hub which I need to improve and what i would do to improve quality of hub

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

As your article is specific to India, you should include it in the title. Delete the word 'grandeur'; no-one is searching for it in this context.

Your introduction should tell the reader what to expect. You are focusing on the commercial aspects of Indian crafts, so say that in the introduction.

The Amazon capsule has no relevance. Either find an item closer to the topic of 'handicrafts as a business' in India, or delete it.

There are many grammatical errors throughout the text, so get someone to proofread it for you. You can use an online grammar checker, such as Hemingway and/or Grammarly, but they won't pick up everything.

Don't use & instead of 'and'. Watch out for random and unnecessary capitalisation of words.

Here's an example of a grammatically incorrect passage:

"In India Glimpse of art & culture is shown in every region of the country. Different areas have different special forms of art and handicraft."

How about...

"Every region of India has its own unique forms of art and handicrafts."

Can you see how you can say the same thing with fewer words? Non-fiction, factual writing, must be crisp and clear. No unnecessary 'wordery'.

Make sure the images used are Creative Commons licensed. You can't simply help yourself to anyone's photos without either permission or checking the CC license.

Hope that helps.

Deepika ojhaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot ! I will consider your points

2. Jason mackenzie profile image88
      Jason mackenzieposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Page not found...

Deepika ojhaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

just re-posting the article

working