jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Determine a Hub's rank?

1. Kain 360 profile image90
    Kain 360posted 11 days ago

Years ago I was fortunate to have a hub (on another account) on page 1 at the top of the page of Google for multiple keywords. The hub basically went semi-viral. I contribute that success to the fact that it was a HOT niche and its super high ranking.

Well, I want know is -- What's a good way to determine whether your hub has increased rank? If I copy and paste the full-title of a hub into Google & it's the first one at the top of the page; is that a good sign? Obviously there are other keywords that people could type in & find your hub lower on the page.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 11 days ago

If you paste your full title into Google, that tells you what your rank would be if someone typed in your full title.

What is the likelihood of that?

All you can do is ask yourself what people are likely to be searching for, try typing that in, and see where your Hub ranks.  But make sure you do it when you're logged out of Google and preferably on a different machine, so you don't get personalised results.

1. Kain 360 profile image90
      Kain 360posted 10 days ago in reply to this

Yes I fathom that. See my last sentence. I was just wondering if that was a positive thing or not. I recall typing in the full title of hubs before & them not always being at the top.

BTW I remember seeing you in the forums years ago. Some of you hubbers have been around for a long time! I have not seen ryankett though. He was a bit of an inspiration to me.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 days ago in reply to this

There was a huge exodus from HubPages after the first Panda.   HubPages embarked on a large number of changes after the first Panda hit, but unfortunately they handled it badly (I think they panicked, frankly), and alienated a lot of their top Hubbers.

working