jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: What if there was no internet for a day?

1. Aklife profile image60
    Aklifeposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub What if there was no internet for a day? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Marketing Merit profile image87
      Marketing Meritposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Some quick observations:

It's too short.
      There are no photos.
      There are spelling mistakes: e.g. nowadays and newspaper.
      It lacks punctuation and there are some capital letters where there shouldn't be.
      You are also confusing its and it's.

Hope this helps.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image93
      Sherry Hewinsposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

In addition to what Marketing Merit said, you didn't use title case for your article title or subtitles. Worse than that, you only scratched the surface of your topic. So much in the modern world depends on the Internet. It goes way beyond being a little bored because you can't get on FaceBook or whatever.

3. yogaburnclub profile image84
      yogaburnclubposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there
      having read your hub I have the following suggestions.
      1.There are many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors see how you can improve them.
      2.The are no multimedia videos, photos, polls, quizzes among others which make content more appealing
      3. Need to improve the sentence structure and the paragraphs
      4.Consider having a profile picture of yourself this will build credibility.
      5.Break your content to have subheadings this will make it short and easy to read.
      6.Consider having a catchy title that will make reads want to read your article.
      7.Look for a title that aims to help, inform or offer a solution to a problem.

finally, read the help section and the learning center on Hubpages where you will get tips on how to improve your article.
      hope this helps all the best

4. Mamerto profile image84
      Mamertoposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Okay you got me reading. I once experienced not having an internet, for a week!

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago

Additionally to MM's observations:

The title should be 'were' not 'was'. "What If There Were No Internet For a Day?" Having said that, most people would probably use 'was' in a search.

Every time you post a 'what if' question, the sentence should finish with a ?

It would be interesting if you would also address the question globally as well as individually. What would happen if there were no internet? What would happen all over the world? Trade? Communications?

(Sorry, Sherry already mentioned that - I should've read your response first, Sherry)

Good idea for a hub - don't waste it smile

working