Questions about using Twitter

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

I hope this is question relevant here. I just joined it and still learning things there. However there are few things not yet clear to me yet.

1. I see that updates are submitted using a number of services like twitterfeed, tagfoot, HootSuite etc. To submit my Hub updates am I supposed to join anyone of them or the option given to us after the completion of any Hub will do the job?

2. Now that I have joined the Twitter I want to update my already published Hub URLs there. How do I do that? Join some services mentioned above in point 1? Or I can just send an update message to all twitter users with my Hub URL it? Or do we have any tools here in Hubpages to submit my already published Hub to Twitter?

3. Can I send updates about the same Hubpage (same URL) more then once? Like we do in Digg, we can send the shouts any number of times but shouting same item too much is very harmful on Digg, is it same here one Twitter too

1. BristolBoy profile image62
      BristolBoyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You mentioned Tagfoot.  Whilst it is possible to make all items submitted to Tagfoot appear on Twitter it is important to note that the link upon Twitter is to the Tagfoot page not your hub.  However, there is the option of having your Adsense ID appearing on your own personal tagfoot pages, and so it is possible to earn money from this (the system runs on a revenue share basis rather like Hubpages - 50/50 between publisher and Tagfoot although in the case of referrals the Tagfoot share is split between referrer and Tagfoot.  I believe Tagfoot also has the added bonus of creating backlinks to your hub, making it appear higher in teh search engine rankings.

2. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that more than twice and you run the risk of annoying your audience. And when I say twice, I mean leave a really big gap between the repeat tweets.

packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I will keep that in mind.

2. packerpack profile image59

Ok can you also you also tell me what do we actually mean by tweeting. Is it sending (updating) messages to all your followers via that text box "What are you doing?" or is it only when you include a link (probably link to your Hub) in that message that it will be considered tweeting? Please help I am very new

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

All you need to do is post the URL to the Twitter website. If you update, say I've updated my article and give the link. Those tools are just a way of using Twitter. You send updates to those who are following you...not the entire system on Twitter.

So you mean to say that I can send updates (to those following me) my writing in that space "What are you doing?" and can place URL to my Hub there. So like this I can send updates about all my Hubs. Did I understood correctly?

What about 3rd question? Any input there?

3. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

Please reply. I really need the answer to this.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Whatever you type in that box is tweeting...

O thanks for that. Actually it may seem a stupid question but because I am a newbie there so I bond to ask such questions. Excuse me for that! Thanks again

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Does anyone ever forget to log into twitter for days at a time?  I know I can easily forget about it once and awhile.

I have just joined.... will be better qualified to answer this after sometimes

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

At first it was fun, but I have had it for a few months now, so every few days I make an effort to look at it, but not so much.

Actually I have heard a big hoopla about it here and also on Digg and it made me think that joining twitter is very important if you wanna push some non-hubpages traffic to your hubs. Is it actually worth it's hype?

1. livewithrichard profile image71
            livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think it is.  Twitter is my second largest source of traffic to my articles.

2. SweetiePie profile image83
            SweetiePieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Be selective about what you twitter and digg though.  Hubpages has been banned from several of the social networking sites because of overzealous promotion.  Also, it never hurts to branch off and join a few other message boards, where you can share your links.  There are many ning groups devoted to a variety of topics, and also google groups.

6. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I use twitter to market my articles every day.  I started my tweeting 2 weeks ago and had a following of 50.  I just checked and now have a following of over 1100.  If your goal is to just market articles then you need a lot of followers because as darkside said above, multiple tweets will annoy some followers.  That said, you may lose a few followers a day but you will also gain dozens more each day.  I use the apps I put in this hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Twitter-Followers and I get tons of traffic from twitter and surprisingly a lot of click throughs on my adsense. 

If you are using twitter to build social bonds then don't market your articles to your followers unless they ask you for them.

Thanks for the advice

7. ilovehubbing profile image59
    ilovehubbingposted 14 years ago

Twitter can be useful and I now have over 21,000 followers. Be careful of auto following apps i hear they can help get you banned.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)