Is anyone a Twitter expert?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

What's #ff? And how do the other # categories work?

I feel like a kindie kid who's only allowed to use the big, fat, clunky 2B pencil b/c their dexterity isn't good enough to hld a pen yet, thrown into a first year uni tute.

1. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, the people who made it. roll lol lol

1. profile image0
        khmohsinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

great big_smile I like it. Actually this is the only truth about Twitter, and every other article written in the praise of Twitter is utter nonsense.

2. articleposter profile image61
    articleposterposted 14 years ago

Means Follow Friday, where you get to recommned fellow users to follow every friday.

Good read here http://mothersworkathome.com/momsblog/?p=249

3. profile image0
    Audreveaposted 14 years ago

Thanks! I found a few tutorials but they are pitched a level below (i.e. 'what IS Twitter?). I know what it is, just need to learn to drive it now.

4. Greg Cremia profile image62
    Greg Cremiaposted 14 years ago

is twitter still around?

1. Arthur Fontes profile image74
      Arthur Fontesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL Twitter makes the news daily and makes history occasionally.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image68
      Peter Hogganposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope it died, rummer is it was crushed under the weight of a whale dropped from a great height by a handful of Sparrows. (African Sparrows obviously.)

3. e-matter profile image60
      e-matterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

of course its still around. although, this may or may not be a good thing. i actually wrote 2 days ago about the horrible usage of DMs (direct messages) . i prefer to call them direct spams.

5. tipperary profile image60
    tipperaryposted 14 years ago

I could never get the hang of the thing,  does anyone read what you write there?

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I get quite a bit of response from Twitter but I also have a couple thousand followers. It all depends on what your writing, the frequency of your tweets, and the number of followers you have.

The problem is that conversions are terrible but the benefits of traffic can be great. With Tweets, you can't pre-sell your offer so you need the traffic to your site. You can find me on Twitter through my profile.

6. lakeerieartists profile image64
    lakeerieartistsposted 14 years ago

I like Twitter to keep up with my online friends, and announcements of new webpages.

7. Sagarika Rath profile image61
    Sagarika Rathposted 14 years ago

gr8, twitter is best for that. can i know your twitter name

8. profile image49
    rkdperilposted 14 years ago

me ramkumar join me on twitter id: bytechip

9. kainth56 profile image41
    kainth56posted 14 years ago

why not dude I am the making better for each tweet follow me at @kainth56

10. supermom_in_ny profile image72
    supermom_in_nyposted 14 years ago

I make money using Twitter.  I tweet my content and I get a nice amount of traffic that way.  I get paid to create and manage others Twitter accounts.  I've used to meet new clients, talked to top bloggers, gotten backlinks and increased my page rank.

If you're not using Twitter, you are losing out on a lot!

11. profile image0
    BGBEntertinmentposted 14 years ago

Follow!!!!

@Latisha_SheBad1

12. madeline Oscar profile image60
    madeline Oscarposted 14 years ago

No. I am not.

13. lilmishap profile image58
    lilmishapposted 14 years ago

Glad I stumbled on this. I signed up to get sponsored but after a few offers it seems to have dried up. But getting paid to manage a twitter account sounds like a dream. I am a total addict.  Oh you prob'ly found this out but..#hashtag it's just a way of 'grouping' tweets. A good example is tv. In the uk Big Brother 10 fans added the hashtag #bb10. That way all the 'proper' #bb10 fans could chat about the show. It helps searching. Although at certain times of day (night) the hashtags seem to get overwhelming. They will take up 8 or 9 of the TTs (trending topics). Thats the power of a hashtag.

14. Entourage_007 profile image55
    Entourage_007posted 13 years ago

It is true that some people know how to succeed on twitter, and it shows by evaluating the conversion rate and the number of people that are following that person.  Some people know how to succeed more than others.  But the truth is, twitter is constantly evolving just like much of the internet, so you could be an expert one month but if you do not stay on top of technology and if you cannot think in an innovative way.  Your chances of success on twitter will be less likely.

1. lilian_sg profile image62
      lilian_sgposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I tweet but wouldn't call myself an expert. the # helps people to find you. You can follow me at @lilian_sg if you are interested in travel or at @music_drama if you are more entertainment-inclined smile

15. ns1209 profile image63
    ns1209posted 13 years ago

I use it and don't claim to be an expert but know roughly how it works! You can follow me under the name ns1209

16. CrystalStarWoman profile image57
    CrystalStarWomanposted 13 years ago

I use Twitter mostly to drive traffic to my Blog, my Hubs and my Zazzle store. I don't have many followers, but I use the #hashtag to get my tweets seen by the right groups of people.

If you like reading your horoscope follow me @DailyDivination smile

Apart from that I like following some celebs and seeing what they're up to... Also, news updates. Sometimes I have heard 'news' on Twitter before it's actually been on the news on TV!

17. sportyfunster profile image69
    sportyfunsterposted 13 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)