How polished are your grey cells?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

Very simple game. One of us will ask a question that has to be answered by other Hubbers. Whether or not the question has been answered has to be confirmed by the Hubber who had asked the question originally (he/she can also give some hint if we all get stuck). Once a question is answered next question can be put up by any one of us. This continues.

1. Only one question should be active at a time.
    2. Question should be such that it makes us think and use our grey cells. It could be math riddle, logical reasoning question etc.
    3. Question should not be "poor joke" types.
    4. Please don't give question from some research papers or anything like that. We are not scientists here!

So I start, it is a simple one.

I am going to a town whose way is not known to me. I come to a point where the roads divides in two, one to right and other to left. I find two guys standing there Mr. Truth and Mr. Lie. Mr. Truth will always speak the truth while Lie will always lie. I do not know who is who. I am supposed choose only one of them and ask only one question. What should I do such that I take the correct path?

2. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Ask either one the question will this path take to me my destination and get the path he points to.
    Now go down the opposite path.

packerpackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both are correct. I thought no one is listening to this but glad that I was wrong!

So cashmere looks like you have some very good logical reasoning brain! Why not try CAT!

1. cashmere profile image77
        cashmereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You baby sit my four year old and I'll go do the CAT

Good excuse huh!

3. cashmere profile image77

I think it was something like that : I've been asked this one before

4. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Ask one of them what the other one would say. Whatever they say do the opposite

5. dipless profile image68

Another easy one to follow up:

Following a tip off the FBI burst into a house to arrest a suspected murderer. All they know is his name is Bud. They find 2 plumbers a truck driver and a bank manager playing poker in a dark and smokey room. They immediately arrest the bank manager. why?

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because the bank manager is a crook?

2. cashmere profile image77
      cashmereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Coz the plumbers and the truck driver can dispose o fthe dead body while the banker can not?

6. dipless profile image68

?

Thinking

7. moposan profile image57
    moposanposted 14 years ago

he was involved in Meddow's Scheme

8. cashmere profile image77

Come on! Can you see me the artist, sitting in a management type office?
    It'll kill my creative spirit wink

9. cashmere profile image77

When is dipless posting the answer?

10. dipless profile image68

sorry have been off HP for a day and a half,

the answer is because the bank manager was the only male in the room.

11. cashmere profile image77

So Bud has to be a male?

12. dipless profile image68

no not at all but it say's

"All they know is his name is Bud"

with "his" being the oprative word

13. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I have come off the spelling forum, where I seem to excel but on here I can't understand the question.... poor me, I had a hard time at school, Thank goodness I am good at crafts...

14. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 12 years ago

Maybe because Bud just might be the real name of the other three?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)