How do you handle new hubbers questions?

Jump to Last Post 1-45 of 45 discussions (76 posts)
  1. starme77 profile image80
    starme77posted 14 years ago

I mean we all know all they have to do is look the answers up  up right , instead of asking over and over and over , The reason I'm asking is because I just read a hub calling new hubbers questions stupid, I personally don't think any question in this world is stupid , if one never asked questions they would never gain knowlege and we would have a ton of stupid people right smile I politly lead the newest hubbers where to go and also answer them if I can (since I'm still new also I don't always know ) I  understand that they didn't know the question had been asked before . so how do you handle it?

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe anyone should have called any new hubber's questions stupid. All of us have been new at one time or the other and many of us who have been here quite a long time still learn something new everyday. Sometimes it is easier for adult learners to ask the question instead of searching for information. When someone asks a question and if I know the answer I always reply cordially or lead them to the location of the information. smile

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

always answer them politely, like what you said there is no stupid question

good post starme

3. hublim profile image68
      hublimposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Chinese Proverb

We were all beginners at one time, you never know what you can learn from new hubbers.

starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very nice smile

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

i would never call any hubber's question 'stupid'. this place can be huge and intimidating at first. not everyone knows where to go to find stuff, so i can understand why they ask: it's easier.

if people get annoyed with it they should either politely direct them to a link or refrain from commenting.

of course, if they are spammers, then they should be shown the door posthaste smile

3. Dale Mazurek profile image63
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Admittedly the newbie question can get frustrating because they tend to be the same ones over and over

I guess the thing to remember is we were all newbies at one point so I try and be very polite and answer or lead them in the direction of an answer.

your cool

4. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

From a "newbie" - I just wanted to thank you all for your polite responses.  I do try to find a thread or a topic covering the information that I need, but as someone said, hubpages can be a bit intimidating at first.  The couple of answers I couldn't find on my own and posted about were always answered kindly and promptly.  Its made hubpages a wonderful experience so far.  So, thanks from all us "newbs!"

5. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

answer them?

6. starme77 profile image80

Hey Thanks to all of you who share my views on this and I wish all the new hubbers good luck and happy writing smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do agree and I still consider myself somewhat new~~ and I have done a lot of reading here and elsewhere online. I remember those first few weeks here, much of it was new to me and even after reading some of the how-to's, I still needed help, and still do at times.

a huge thank you to those who patiently help others. smile

7. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

I try to help 'em even though to me the answer might be obvious.  I figure everyone gotta start somewhere and not everyone can be expected to know this stuff.  Lot of folks are hubbing as their first internet experience.  If they ask the same question more than once, I say we sew a big ? on their shirt.

8. mistywild profile image61
    mistywildposted 14 years ago

Being a relative newbie myself I have found no one treats me like I have ever asked a stupid question, even if they thought it was redundant or repetative. So thanks everyone for helping the newbies out!! big_smile

9. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Agree, no question is stupid.  I find it irritating when older hubbers jump on the newbies for asking questions.  I'm still learning, every single day.  I also understand the older hubbers are tired of the same old, same old.  I guess sometimes we take for granted that if you are a writer, then you also understand how to research, researching on here is quite easy.

With that said, I now email certain hubbers who I know are knowledgeable about certain areas, because I know I'll get a straight, honest answer from them & not a forum full of answers.

10. thisisoli profile image81
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I try to answer any question I am asked, or is asked in general, I like to help people!

11. sunforged profile image77
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

When one learns a completely new field there is usually a new vocabulary to learn and new perspectives to view the information from.

Without knowing the vocabulary, someone who is new to online writing, research, searching etc. doesnt stand a chance of finding anything as they dont even know the terms to search for.

No such thing as a stupid question and "search the forums" is never a satisfactory response (maybe if you point out the search box above ↑  and suggest some useful keywords)

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for mentioning the vocab thing.  I can't believe I didn't think of it, as its been a huge roadblock for me.  I stumbled upon hubpages b/c I was just looking for a forum to get back into writing.  Once I decided I liked it so much, I wanted to learn all the ins and outs... so I started reading, and reading, and reading.  But, some of the posts/hubs/helps just read like Greek to me!  There were so many new terms, that by the time I got part way thru one article, I was sidetracked by 5 others trying to reference back to the first.  Very overwhelming.

I have a TON still to learn, and I try to make a point of reading as much as I write (which still isn't near as much as I'd like.)  But, a few specific questions by me, or other newbies really helped me get enough of the basics to get back to reading and learning on my own.

I'm hoping that, as I learn, I'll be able to "pay it forward" to other new hubbers.  I already try to hit the "unanswered" tab on forums when I can.  If its something I know, I leave a response... those empty posts seem so lonely all by themselves. smile

12. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Hey, I just learned you don't say fan, you say follower.  If you need me I'll be sewing a big ? on my shirt.

13. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I do find it irritating when pushing the help button in the upper right corner of the screen and reading what's there would have answered the question. (And most of the questions can be answered from those pages.)

Or the person could have used the search function and found one of the numerous hubs on the subject.

I have no sympathy for people who haven't done their homework - Newbie or otherwise.

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Maybe the 'help button' needs to be a different design or in a different location - until I read the above and took a look at it -I never realised it was similar to a FAQ button.

Maybe it is stupid of me but I thought it was to send an email to the staff for help with site problems. I guess what I've learnt since I came here has been through reading hubs and forums. I think once you know something then it is obvious. I try not to bother people with questions as I do not want to waste their time.

Asking questions is not a waste of time , if one never asks questions, no matter how much they read ,they may never reach their true potential of knowledge

14. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Insult and belittle them?

15. profile image0

I usually just ignore. And I've been hitting the delete button alot in my email inbox.

1. Lily Rose profile image84
      Lily Roseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So that's why I haven't heard from you!

..just kidding - couldn't resist!

16. frogdropping profile image75
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Was it my hub? If so, say so, I really don't mind.

Whether it was or it wasn't, my hub was aimed at lazy hubbers, not new hubbers that are honest-to-goodness stuck. The kind that ask the same q's over and again without ever having read the site info.

Which is nothing I didn't do - I didn't join the site then dive into the forum asking for my hand holding. I got my head down and worked out what it was I needed to do.

There really is all you need to know contained within the site and also by way of a whole heap of wondefully written 'how to' hubs, delivered by way of Darkside, relache, sunforged, Mark Knowles etc.

A genuine 'Crikey this analytics stuff is complicated and I just can't understand the info' is all good in my book - and I'd answer everytime, if it wasn't answered already.

But a 'someone help me out here, I can't be bothered to read the help section' ticks me off.

No Frog Dropping it wasn't your hubb , good to see you again smile

17. profile image0

No, frogdropping I'm pretty sure it wasn't your hub.

1. frogdropping profile image75
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Okey doke. No froggy controversy then. I really can't seem to drum any up Nelle wink

18. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

I think I read the hub you are referring to-- and it was not in the least insulting or condescending.

In fact, if you read it, you might notice that it first references a phrase that newbies often use: something like-- 'Sorry, if this is a stupid question..."

Actually it goes on to clearly explain how to find the answers, and it is quite helpful.

1. Sue Adams profile image90
      Sue Adamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, that hub is useful for beginners. The word "stupid" is clearly in quotes; don't be so touchy starme77. Just keep on asking questions, that's how we learn. However, take some pride in finding out for yourself first. Asking for help from co-hubbers is a last resort, after you failed to find what you are looking for in help and hubs. There is even a hubbers blog you can go to. And I also came across a terminology hub but I can't remember the tile or author (sorry). Seek and thou shall find, that's the fun part but you need a lot of patience. Happy hubbing.

Never said I did ask a bunch of questions - really, I don't cause I know alot about the internet and how to get around and stuff, I am a researcher also , but some arn't and don't deserve to be treated like that.

2. starme77 profile image80

The hubb is from someone who has made it here on hubpages and otherwise to be able to stay home and write and I have a hunch that they were once new and asked questions also , then , once they started makin a bit o money and doing good they became a total s**t head. I mean totally rude. If you did read the correct hubb did you notice the title? It's just rude and crappy to me, yeah the hubbs informative sure , but the person who wrote it wrote it and titled it for money sake - using newbies as a backdrop and calling their questions stupid is not a nice way to make money in my opinion

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, Relache is one of the most helpful people on Hubpages. She constantly rewrites the rules of HubPages so that people who can't or won't read the actual rules get them in bitesize pieces. And she is very good at retaining the true meaning. And I hope she makes a ton of money from it.

The ability and willingness to learn and sort things out yourself is necessary if you are going to make big money online. Because if you can't or don't you'll always be 10 steps behind those of us who can.

Well, ya got a point, but I still say there are no stupid questions, the hubb is well written , but to write it on the back of people who need help or ask a question is wrong. Why cant the wrier of the hubb just ignore the questions - or go to another forum if it bugs her so bad huh? Could it be that it makes her money to to down others so rudly so thats , o.k? The hubb is written nicely , just needs a new name is all

1. lakeerieartists profile image63
            lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to say that I think you are overreacting, and misunderstanding the point of the hub.  I read Relache's hub, and frankly I think that it speaks for itself.

Like I said earlier , the hubb is well written , better than alot of my hubbs , but the title is ridiculous , if newbies bother a person so badly then that person shouldn't be tryin to make money off of em , but rather stay away from them and write about something else.

2. lorlie6 profile image74
          lorlie6posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nelle, you are so right about Relache.  I am amazed at her patience and kindness.

19. sunforged profile image77

http://hubpages.com/hub/Most-Frequent-H … -Questions

would be good to bookmark and reference, as was probably the intention..if so, well done, i will do just that

she qualifies the whole "stupid question" thing

i still stand by my earlier comment that without the vocab you dont even know where to begin to search

maybe that help tab should be a different color,  I really never knew it existed wink

1. Rochelle Frank profile image93
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is a great suggestion, Sunforged. Maybe the help tab just needs to be a bit more obvious.

And yes, the terminology can be daunting for a beginner-- I only know about half of it myself.

I hope no one is reluctant to ask 'stupid' questions. Getting started in the process can be difficult. The best thing is, that there is almost always someone who is willing to help, or point the way to an answer.

20. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I learned that the ONLY "stupid" questions are the ones that are never asked.

If I can offer assistance, I do. big_smile

Btw- I'm still a newbie myself, at 2 months. big_smile

21. SweetiePie profile image77
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

Also, keep in mind if you are a new hubber and some one comes down on you like a ton of bricks, it is their problem and not yours.  Anyone that uses a forum to belittle someone else probably is having a bad day, and you should probably feel a little sorry for them that they have to use the Internet to vent their frustrations.  I have been on Hubpages for over three years, and I do not hang out in the forum all the time because of how ridiculous it can get.  Do not be discouraged, but reading the FAQ can definitely answer a lot of questions.

22. yoshi97 profile image58
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

I liken a hubbers first day on hubpages to being handed the owner's manual for the space shuttle. Sure ... all of the answers are there, but it seems a bit ominous to ask someone to read the manual from cover to cover before diving in - and as mentioned earlier, there is the issue of learning all of the new jargon. After all, how many of us know would know what a PVS module was?

I always enjoy answering questions so long as the person asking receives the answers in good spirit. If someone contests something I have learned the hard way, then yes, I might get a little upset with them - but know - I don't acknowledge that to the person asking.

We were all newbs once, and I think we sometimes forget that - especially when the same question is asked thirty times in one month. The thing is ... that person asking was almost certainly not here when the question was asked before, so while we heard the answer thirty times, we only heard it once. That's why we need to be kind to new members, as they need to learn like we did.

I don't know of a single hubber here today who can say with total honesty that they learned about hubpages ONLY from the help section. While some can say they never posted a question, they must also admit they learned a lot from reading the responses to the questions of others.

Help a newb? Absolutely! And in doing so you often create a follower (we don't call them fans anymore) who will be forever thankful for our efforts.

I even take things one step further by writing hubs regarding the important questions that don't get answered so often. Questions about adsense, capsules, hub design ... these things aren't seen as much in the forums, but they are questions worthy of answers. And do those answers pay adsense? Nope! But they do much to help newbs grow into vets, and I think that's a very worthy cause. smile

23. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I agree with sunforged, Thoughtful Spot, yoshi and others.  Great points. 

And starme I hear where you’re coming from.  I have found many of relache’s hubs helpful, as well as many of her forum posts.  Speaking only for myself though, I find many of her forum posts to be rude or sarcastic.  Some of her comments “jam my switchboard”, and it obscures the message for me.  I’ve never detected condescension from yoshi or sunforged, and therefore eagerly look for their responses, among others, to forum questions I am interested in. 

I read extensively before I wrote any hubs or asked any questions.  When I did start asking questions, they were not “tell me everything”, but outlined what I thought might be a good strategy from what I’d learned.  Yet I still got totally unhelpful replies of “wow you have a lot of questions”. 

I’m still quite new, but when I see I question I actually know the answer to, I try to answer it.  Sometimes I do take the easier route of saying there have been numerous forum threads on this topic, try searching the term under “forum”.  I keep a Word doc with forum references of interest to me, and post one or more thread links when possible. 

I figure those of us relatively new can “pay our dues” by taking the easy questions, and the veteran hubbers, including relache, can save their time and energy for the tougher questions.  Sometimes I even suggest an OP consider posting in Need Help because vets like darkside, relache and others are active in that forum.

Well Spoken smile

24. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 14 years ago

Gee, why can't everyone just be nice to each other , I thought the hubb was good , but i agree with Starme , the title is a bit rude

25. starme77 profile image80

haha thats funny , thanks all , for the insite , think  this newbies gonna go write a hubb now smile

26. Highvoltagewriter profile image60
    Highvoltagewriterposted 14 years ago

From my own experience, I have seen that most writers here bend over backwards to help others, for it takes awhile to go though all the information when you need to find out something quick. Sometimes it takes rereading something for the info to sink in...at least with me. Now in saying all that I have seen some rudeness in the form from people that may disagree with your point of view..that is one of the reason I do not hang out the forms that much. The rudeness gets old in a hurry.

yeah it does and now i'm gettin rude , some of the crapheads rudeness is  rubbing off on me, maybe I shouldn't stoop to their level , its just that when someone constantly talks and talks in the forums about the first years of hubpages, first years of hubpages, over and over and over and then wants to call one persons question stupid because it had been asked before by someone else it can get really sickening and hypocrits are irritating to me

27. relache profile image68
    relacheposted 14 years ago

To Starme77 -

The entire first year that HubPages existed, there were no forums.  There was no Community Manager.  The FAQ list was probably only about half as long as it is now.  The Starting Out Guide was closer to two years off from being written.  There was no place to ask anything to anyone, unless you emailed the Hub team directly.  And they were damn busy trying to figure the site out themselves.  So when I was a newbie, it really came down to "figure it out yourself" or nothing.

Do you really think my title is worse that ones which do a play on the words "pussy" or "naked chest" as a way of getting traffic?  I don't. 

BTW, thanks for complaining about my hub to the community.  I've never had one of my "helper" Hubs become so highly-ranked so quickly after being published and I'm pretty sure it's due to this thread.  So, thank you!  That was a nice virtual present.

Since that Hub only contains links to within the HubPages community and fellow users aren't the sort who click on ads, that Hub actually has the ads reduced, as do all my "how to Hub" Hubs.  I never turn ads off completely as that way, I'm still giving something back to HubPages.  Since they pay my rent (or the bulk of it) each month, I feel it's good to keep sharing with them.

Well it may be your hub I'm talkin about and it may not be , I never said , others   guessed it was yours. And so I guess it may be.
      First sentence you wrote to me was what? "The entire first year hub pages existed"
      O.k how many freaking times are you going to say that? Think I'll write a hub about how annoying it is for one person to constantly reapeat themselves in the forums and how "Stupid" that  is - the thing is each newbie that asks the same question is generally a different person , but from you, the same person, we hear the  same  old thing over and over about how long you been here. We all get it now o.k. 
      Then you ask If I think your title is worse than a hubb titled "pussy" or naked chest well, yes I do - you see a pussy and a naked chest, many would agree, are nice things. Calling someone stupid is a mean thing. So, there ya go smile
      Your very welcome for the Hub traffic, now everyone can see how full of yourself you really are.
      I would suggest some other lines of traffic , relying only on Hubpages to pay your rent may just land you up homeless if the site were to go down.

28. sunforged profile image77

why 2 b's?

1. relache profile image68
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's what you get from someone who writes Hubs about Oboma and sterotyping...

Here ya go  I fixed it fer ya - New Title is - "Say No To Oboma's - Obama's - Obamah's - Healthcare Reform Bill - smile" I bet I got one of em ritey on smile hoppeefully anny hows go check it out if ya dont believe me - thanks fer helpin meees to get a goood title goin

29. Google Gal profile image60

I agree, pussys and naked chests are nice things

30. starme77 profile image80

yep, thats what ya get from the newbies, typos , but at least we're not so arrogant that we cant leave em , cause guess what, were all human and we all squat to sh*t, and guess what yours stinks too!

31. sunforged profile image77

tell us how you really feel, wow!

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/rabid_dog.gif

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Looks like my dachshund at the vet (except no one would have their hands that close to his teeth).

32. sunforged profile image77

cmon, that picture didnt make you smile! dont be mad its just an internet thread in a forum.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/27/Duty_calls.png

33. starme77 profile image80

I like the dog one , its cute

34. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I always told my students that there is no such thing as a stupid question and that they should never be afraid to ask. I think it should be the same on HP. I help newbies often - not with tech stuff (I'm technologically challenged), but in other ways. It's tough being the new kid on the block. I've found that MOST of the experienced hubbers are friendly and helpful. There are a few, however, who have no patience with newbies. It doesn't take you long to figure out which is which.

1. rmcrayne profile image94
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well said girlfriend.  I always said I'm way smarter than the average bear, so if I have a question, it must be a good one.  Still bites to get a snarky reply though.

35. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Did they glue those vampire teeth in that pug's mouth??

Poor thing

36. Jess Killmenow profile image60
    Jess Killmenowposted 14 years ago

I will only say, and I speak from experience, that when handling new hubbers it's best to wear latex gloves.

37. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 14 years ago

Jess - you're dangerous - you're going to kill someone with laughter one of these days big_smile

38. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

ha, it made me smile, I need a smile today too, not feeling so great.
    big_smile

39. starme77 profile image80

me neither , got a real bad headache , fell on the ice the other day , I thought the headache was from my back hurting from the fall , but now I'm not sure , I may be getting sick , sure hope not this close to christmas, glad ya got a good laugh smile

40. starme77 profile image80

my hubscores as are geing downrated all of a sudden , go figure  , ha ha , its funny to me , and pretty obvious where thats comming from

41. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 14 years ago

2uesday, don't feel that way! Most of us don't mind. As I said before, I can't help a lot with tech questions, but I'll be glad to help you if I can. Just shoot me an email. I'm used to questions - I'm a retired teacher! The mother of all question getters! lol!

1. 2uesday profile image65
      2uesdayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much habee that is very kind of you. Also thanks to everyone who has answered positively about helping answer questions.
      I could have saved myself a lot of time and trouble if I had found out what the help button was for at the start.

It might be that the word help just did not connect to the word information - in my mind. Thanks again.

42. Richieb799 profile image75
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

Sometimes the new hubbers don't mean to ask obvious questions, they may have tried searching FAQ but are so eager to get started and want to spend their time writing, we all know how precious time is!

You said it exactly right smile I totally agree

43. Cagsil profile image72
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

If a question remains unasked, how is any form of knowledge gained?

The learning process requires one to ask questions, so as to get objective facts about particular things. If you find yourself in the position of asking a question, ask yourself this before asking the question, Did I look everywhere else?

If you have exhausted your effort to find an answer to your question, then you are left with only one conclusion- You must ask someone else. This becomes obvious once you have exhausted your efforts. It is only ignorance that one would not ask a question.

I'm always open to helping people out, regardless of what their problem is. My mother said it would be my downfall, but I see it as my integrity and dignity that gets a boost, every time I do. If I can help, I will.

Thank you. smile

44. starme77 profile image80

got a better one for the stero typin one too I splt it rite this time smile

45. Google Gal profile image60

nice titles starme , thumbs up!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)