jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

can I add a google search bar in my hub pages

1. Eileen Hughes profile image83
    Eileen Hughesposted 8 years ago

I got the code but now do not know where to put it. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. Hoodala profile image60
    Hoodalaposted 8 years ago

Of course Paul would have to answer this directly but I think it would be considered bad manners to use a google search on one of your hubs.  It would be soley for your gain and would draw visitors away from hubpages.  Now if hubpages could figure out a way to share the revenue from it then I am sure they would be more open to it.

1. makemoneyonline profile image59
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Why can't Google search added to hubpages with some adsense ID ?

3. Eileen Hughes profile image83

thanks for that.  It was just when I went into google to see how much I had earnt I noticed a message saying  to add google search to web sites etc and something else.  cant remember what it was now.  Thanks for that
    I wont bother racking by brain thinking about it now that I know.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think it is really question to HP owners, as Hoodala mentioned. It is their site, and they can allow or prohibit that at their discretion. If I was them I would not allow this. And, I would probably consider adding google search capsule...

5. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

What I would like to see is for google to add a HubPages search box to their sites.  We'd certainly consider reciprocating. wink

1. creativeMind profile image52
      creativeMindposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Google custom search engine which searches only hubpages.com is live.
      Anyone can use this custom search engine to search hubpages.It can give more refined search on hubpages.com.It can be found at

http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=01842 … m105vjupd8

Either you can bookmark this page or it can be added to your custom Google homepage by visiting this link :
      http://www.google.com/ig/adde?hl=en& … pd8/gadget

By adding this custom search engine to Google homepage (iGoogle) you can perform a search on pages of hubpages.com indexed by Google.This would  drive more traffic to hubpages.com because only pages from hubpages.com appear in search results.

Hubpages authors can also benefit from this as they can find whether their hubs are listed in Google by entering the title of their hubs and clicking search button.

Hope this would be helpful to all of you.

6. Eileen Hughes profile image83

That sounds like a really good idea and it would help get more good members although we do not want the bad ones.  Thanks for your help everyone

7. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 8 years ago

I would like to see a Google search bar as well however I don't think the chief hubbers would go for it. The reason is it would take traffic away from HubPages and I guess the idea is to keep people on hubpages for as long as possible. Actually I have now talked myself out of wanting a google search bar.

8. Hoodala profile image60
    Hoodalaposted 8 years ago

Great idea Paul, you're not too far from where Larry and Sergey hang out, why don't you run up the street and see if they would go for it.  I think it would be a real enhancement to google.

9. 0
    msvickybeeposted 8 years ago

I have the same question but as you can see I'm not a computer person because I didn't even know how to find the response??? I can't sign up for Amazon or Ebay or Anatyics because I don't know how to paste anything in my hubpage,its unfortunate that google doesn't show specific directions for people who are using hubpages-because it's different from the usual page or blog.

Any advice? I would truly appreicate it. I've had over a thousand people visit my site and I've only gotten credit for page impression and click, I wanted to cry!

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages have a help section that shows you what to do:

But I shouldn't cry too much. LOL In 20,000 odd views, I have sold one thing big_smile