jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Search bar for profile pages?

1. To Start Again profile image80
    To Start Againposted 4 years ago

I was wondering if there was some way to add a search bar or something similar to profile pages. Maybe just for hubbers who have reached a specific minimum amount of hubs, like seventy-five.

I ask because a few times recently, while visiting some of my favorite hubbers, I've found that they have been posting chapters or sections of a longer story. Sometimes, they will link to the previous or next chapters within the hub but sometimes they don't  and then it's like an egg hunt trying to find the other parts. I've tried the drop down menu on the side but they aren't always listed there.

I remember there used to be an option to see all the hubs written by the hubber you were visiting and you could see them all in one big list and scroll through but I don't guess we have that anymore. I would just like an easier way to find the hubs I want to read. Just a thought...

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yah, that option was removed when our new profile design made its debut. I don't know how easy it would be to add it back, but I'll bring it up in next week's community meeting! big_smile

To Start Againposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Awesome! Thanks Simone smile

1. Simone Smith profile image92
          Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hullo again To Start Again! We discussed this in our community meeting and came to the conclusion that we would love to see the search bar back in place (and a search bar on Topic Pages, too).

We've opened a ticket for the work; now it is just a matter of when we'll have time to do it. big_smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
            rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

NIce to hear!

2. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

HP had a policy shift awhile back as to search functionality within subdomains. I'll not address that.

All I can suggest is doing the good old F3 browser search for "chapter", "section", "part", "I", "II", "III", etc. smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image94

However, like with the list, unless the profile is reset, only featured will show up...

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

People could 'group' these articles into separate groups, which can be found in the drop-down 'view' tab.  That's easier than the site trying to build in a mechanism.  I can see the reasons the site suggests not titling things in sequence like that.

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've read  that Google is also not thrilled with sequential titling.

2. To Start Again profile image80

The problem, though is not everybody uses the grouping option. Like the linking within the hub, it would be helpful but not all do it.

5. paradigmsearch profile image94

Guess what? I just tried the search box at the very top. Just type in "chapter" and the profile name. Don't know if that top search box picks up non-featured. I suspect not, but am not positive.

aha!  I just tried it too and it worked! Thanks paradigmsearch smile

working