jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Google Adsense on your website

1. johnb0127 profile image76
    johnb0127posted 7 years ago

Hello all, I was just wondering if anyone knows who to put your google adsense publisher id into your own personal website.  I have a website on webs.com and have put google ads on my site by HTML, but when I get an ad click, nothing happens because I have not inserted my publisher id.  Anyone know how to do that?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

In order to put your ad on your website, you went to your Adsense account, designed an ad and copied the HTML, right?

If so, your publisher ID is embedded in the HTML already and you don't need to do anything further.

johnb0127posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok great thanks.  So I do not have to insert a Google Adsense Publisher ID anywhere?  Its weird though because I checked on a channel I created for my website and it said I have an ad click, but I didnt earn anything...  Is it something wrong with the channel?  Thanks for the response BTW

1. brad4l profile image85
          brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nope, just put the snippet of code Google gives you when you make a new ad somewhere in the html of your site.

This happens sometimes when Google determines that the click was fraudulent. This might be because you accidentally clicked on the ad or because the person who clicked on it exhibited a suspicious ad-clicking pattern.

johnb0127posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok, this makes a lot of sense now!  Thanks guys!!

working