jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does Google Adsense only pay you if someone clicks on an Ad?

1. LVidoni5 profile image81
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

Does Google Adsense only pay you if someone clicks on an Ad?

I was wondering if they payed you at all for just page visits? Or is it only for clicking through on Ads?

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image60
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

The person who said that you are paid for clicks only is wrong. You also get paid for impressions only generated if CPM ads are running on your webpages.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Adsense pays for clicks on ads, if they tell you otherwise they are mistaken. Hubpages Ad program pays for for views.
    The rate is the same for both 60/40. 60 for you 40 for HP. What this means is that adds whether Adsense or from the HP Ad Program are shown 60% of the time and those views or clicks are yours. 40% of the time the clicks or views belong to HP.

4. Treasuresofheaven profile image79
    Treasuresofheavenposted 6 years ago

I suggest that you go to Google Adsense and read their policy.  Google Adsense is not easy to understand.  On Hubpages, if someone clicks on your Google Ad, you get paid.  You can also go in Google's forum.

5. VideoAgent profile image60
    VideoAgentposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your question LVidoni5!

I see some confusion here. I thought that we only got paid for CPC ( the 60/40 split ).

However,   
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/1-2- … gs-adsense
    says
    If you don't sign-up, HubPages can't split impressions with you and you don't get paid!

So are we talking CPC and CPM?

Looking forward to a definitive answer.

6. LVidoni5 profile image81
    LVidoni5posted 6 years ago

I was just curious because I can have hundreds of clicks through adsense and not make a cent, but hubpages seems to trickle up. I have read through much of the policy, but it can be tricky to understand. With the different answers, LuisEGonzales' answer seems to be the closest to my findings, though the answer was voted down 3 times, not sure why.

working