jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Can Religion, please stay, in the Religious Section where it belongs?

1. candice5 profile image59
    candice5posted 7 years ago

I don't mind crossing over to that hallowed ground occassionally, usually after a few tequila's and a mellow feeling overcomes me.
    But cold stone sober. I just don't understand why such peace loving individuals, are the most vindictive a....h that ever walked the face, of their particular "God's"earth.
    I have noticed that the people from the Religious Forums, are crossing over and its always about religion. No matter what the Post is about.
    I do realise alot of them are new so may not understand. It makes good posts boring.smile

1. 0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

2. BrianFanslau profile image59
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

I agree but just as everyone has their opinion everyone has their world view. I wrote a hub on that. Its life and simply disregard the posts about religion and refocus the topic when you see that smile

1. Lady_E profile image82
      Lady_Eposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly!  It's not as if people are forced to read them.
      There is a choice.

3. 3bagsfull profile image78
    3bagsfullposted 7 years ago

can I get an AMEN!!!!!

4. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

5. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

6. sexkitten profile image61
    sexkittenposted 7 years ago

Religion makes people feel insecure.  People think I joke about it, but my mom used religion to make me dress like one of the duggers.  I hated every minute of it!

7. 0

What I don't get with people on here, whom you are refering to, is that even if you say that you believe in God - they still try and convert me.

I had a guy recently shout me down on here just because I did not conform to his view of religion. Everytime I came up with a sound argument he would shout me down with religion and insult my intelligence, even though I believe in God and my arguments were using philosophy and ethics - not just stubbornness.

Just because I'm not a crazy zealot!

1. candice5 profile image59
      candice5posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Saw that classic example.

8. 0

Damn, I'm actually going to post a hub about it.

9. 0

And now a picture of some cats,

10. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 7 years ago

Even a thread on building pyramids turned into a religious mud-slinging match.  Whatever happened to turn the other cheek and love thy neighbour as thyself?

11. 0

That is my new hub on the matter - I hope you will all find the time to view it and express your own views on the matter.