jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Affiliate section:Pending AdSense publisher ID does not match....

1. rizzabear profile image77
    rizzabearposted 7 years ago

I just signed up with hubpages a couple days ago and created a hub.  I have been approved with Google Adsense and can log in to my Adsense account.  In Hubpages, under the "affiliate" section, it shows that my Adsense account is pending and shows a completely different Publisher ID than the one I already have with google adsense.  I can click on “sign up” and then select “yes” on “do you already have a google adsense account?” and give the appropriate info (email address, last 5 digits of phone, and postal code).  At this point, I get the following error:  “We encountered this error when contacting google:  the specified client identification header results in an ambiguous adsense account.  Please correct the problem if you can and try again, or contact hubpages support at team@hubpages.com” 

I cannot edit this pending publisher ID to match my existing Adsense ID.  I believe somewhere along the whole process of signing up with hubpages and adsense that I have a pending duplicate account with google adsense.  Not sure what to do:  If I could just edit the pending Publisher ID under the affiliate section of hubpages to match my actual adsense account publisher ID, there would be no issue.    What do I do?  Thanks in advance.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think you need to follow that piece of advice.

1. rizzabear profile image77
        rizzabearposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just did - thank you - hopefully I'll hear back soon.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I answered by email, but thought it's worth answering here as well, since it comes up every once in a while, and other people might need the info in future.

This error usually occurs when there is more than one AdSense account open under a single email address--this happens by mistake sometimes, and the user is not usually aware that it's even happened.  The solution is to contact Google to have any extraneous accounts deleted.