Advice on new hub

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I need a little advice. I have just created a new hub on false eyelashes,last night and it has dropped down to 40. Now everything I have written is original and nothing is flagging up. All my other hubs incresed steadily, but this is the first to drop. Have I done something wrong here. I have a you tube clip in, but I don't think that is is. Can someone help me out and tell me where I may be going wrong. Thanks.

2. Rik Ravado profile image86
    Rik Ravadoposted 14 years ago

Score is now 39!  I see nothing wrong with your Hub at all.  I even checked to see if it was duplicate content.  Your score certainly doesn't reflect the quality of your hub.  I think it is a 'Hubby' aberration and if you wait a day or two it will climb up to normal levels.

One tip.  If you leave Hubs unpublished for a while the score creeps up gradually and you can then publish them with a much higher score.  This avoids the 'falling score problem' when you first publish.

3. Rynaldos profile image63
    Rynaldosposted 14 years ago

I passed it through copyscape. No Problems at all. My opinion would generally be that your hub is not getting any hits right now. I might be wrong though. Give it a day or two and check again. Usually when i publish a new hub, it drops to a certain point where after it shoots up within a day or two.

4. profile image0
    Pacal Votanposted 14 years ago

The second part looks like you put the whole thing in one capsule. Apart from that, it's a great hub. smile

Rik is right. If you want a high starting score wait between 5-10 days before publishing. The score will fluctuate between highs and lows, but if the hub is good enough (one tip is lots and lots of pictures) it may go up to as much as 80. I usually don't bother, though. smile

EDIT: If I were a hubpages algorithm I would take the keywords in hub and look if there are other hubs with the same keywords. Eyelashes are a hot topic. Lots of hubs have already dealt with it. It may be that you are competing against those hubs for the score. (But these are only speculations.)

5. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Thanks guys for your reply. i did here another new hubber paniking on here and his went up over a few days. I think when I put my last ones on I had a chance to promote it. this one I published in the middle of the night. Obviously not the best time. Should I not put too much text into a cpasule then?

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't know. It's just sort of a gut feeling. You can experiment with it. Leave it as it is and see what happens in the long term. Then you'll learn something. smile

6. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

Everything is OK with your hub. Wait a bit. I had a similar problem several weeks ago. It was just a question of time. SO... be optimistic! wink

7. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

You have absolutely nothing to worry about.  You will most likely see it start to creep up some time today.

This happens to many of us and once again its the secret of the HubScore.

Helen Caterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks Dale this hubbing is really tough. I don't know what I am doing from one day to the next. I am trying to find the solution to perfection, but feel this will take many months. Thanks again everyone.

8. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

Don't worry, It will go up in a day or two.

Thanks for your post, I learned many things from this post.

Tacke care

1. Jacob Raju profile image61
      Jacob Rajuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

how to go for a second post/ a new hub.

9. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

I know the culprit already, hehehe you are actually endorsing and advertising a product hehehehe... I think thats the problem...

Or maybe you encode this directly in the hubpages directly and/or took you a lot of time before you publish it...

Don't worry as other hubbers said just wait for 2 days, this never happened to me before hehehe...

Most of the hubbers on here are Promoting something . So I don't understand are we not allowed to talk about products. I am reall confused now. I wrote my article in my google doc first then copied and pasted in. Is this not allowed either?

10. arunjain1989 profile image61
    arunjain1989posted 14 years ago

helen you need not worry your score will definitely go up.yesterday i ahd similar problem my hub score went 69 but now it is 80 again.

11. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

When you write/create a new Hub and then publish it right away, that's exactly how they start out.  It's perfectly normal. 

I talk about this on my Hub on Improving Your HubScore in the section titled "All Hubs Need..."

Thanks for that it's just the first time it's happened and I guess I freaked.

2. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you don't mean right after writing, because then you can't see the mistakes in the hub. I understand hubs are not intended to be polished to perfection, but for me it takes at least 20 minutes before I gain perspective on my written hub.

12. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Helen, what has been said is quite true. I have learned to sit on my hubs until the score comes back up. Some of them used to tank quite severely, and it had nothing to do with content. That's just how the scoring formula works (including page views as part of it).

I have also started tinkering with the summary. I always put my own in now - usually the first sentences from the Hub, but not always. Sometimes that doesn't have the strongest keywords (tags), especially if it is a poetry hub, or creative writing. I will sometimes add them in front of the first sentence, or change the sentence to better reflect the content and add in the strongest keywords (tags) for the search engines.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    Red

Good advice redelf. i too have been tinkering and realise this. My latest has hit the roof in clicks now. I may have found my answers, but not without lots of trial and many errors.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)