jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

My slideshow grew and sucked in copies of my other photos

1. Carol the Writer profile image81
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

My slideshow grew and sucked in copies of my other photos on my hub. Is it supposed to do that? My slideshow originally had 5 photos. I wanted it to stay 5 photos.

But right before I published, I saw that it had all 13 photos from all areas of my hub. And when I clicked on the slideshow to see what it had, it was a dead end with no way out.

While I am on the subject, some of my slideshow photos cover up their captions, too.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Carol

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If your Hub has 13 photos, your slideshow will have 13 photos.

3. rumbling profile image30
    rumblingposted 7 years ago

As far as I know slide show displays all the photos in your hub and I don't think there is a way for you to control them either

4. Carol the Writer profile image81
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

It didn't matter so much for my first hub, but for my second hub I want a slideshow of 5 photos for Astronaut A, then slideshow of 5 photos for Astronaut B, and finally slideshow of 5 photos for Astronaut C. I don't want a slideshow of 15 for each.

If anyone knows a way around this, I would love to know.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is no way around it.

5. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

Uncheck the "Link to a slideshow of the photos in this hub?"

And then, you can have individual slideshows with selected picture capsules.

Best Regards

6. 1974 profile image58
    1974posted 7 years ago

To clarify on what SunSeven already said, here is what you need to do to keep your slide shows separate from your other stand alone images.

In the "Settings" box for your Hub, you need to uncheck the option to "display as slide show".  If you keep it checked, it grabs all of your images in the Hub and creates a slide show in the spot where the first image appears.  Not an ideal option.

To create a standalone slide show, upload all of the images you want to use into the same photo module.  Then what you want to do is in the Photo module, under "Display Settings" change the "style" drop down menu to select "slide show".  I do not know if you need to have a minimum of 5 photos like you do with the other slide show option.

working