jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

what are slide show views? It has this in my statistics now.

1. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

Thank you.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you put more than 5 photos in a Hub and clicked the "slideshow" option, readers can choose to browse the photos.

3. girly_girl09 profile image77
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

If your hub has more than one image in it, a viewer can click on a photo and view a slideshow of all the images.

You can disable this feature if you don't find it useful by going to that particular hub and clicking on the box that asks if you want the photos to display a slideshow.

I only use that feature for certain hubs (like my eyebrow shape pictures hub lol). On others, I find it distracting.

4. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 7 years ago

awesome. thank you ladies.

5. Jayne Lancer profile image97
    Jayne Lancerposted 7 years ago

I've always disabled slide shows on all of my Hubs from the very start. Isn't it odd that they've been viewed 7 times according to my statistics in spite???

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Any reason why you've disabled it?

1. alternate poet profile image67
        alternate poetposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I would consider disabling it because it allows people to gloss through the pics and ignore the writing - most people flip through our kind of material I would think, looking for their specific thing ??

2. Jayne Lancer profile image97
        Jayne Lancerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I've never used a selection of photos that seem to fit together as a slide show, although it would be worth a thought for some of my Hubs.

2. N. Ramius profile image67
      N. Ramiusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Slide shows can be useful. I've had people come from Google by finding my hub from slide show and then clicking an ad. It's rare that it happens but it has happened a couple of times for me.

I only have slide shows on a couple hubs.

6. Rafini profile image88
    Rafiniposted 7 years ago

I tried to use the slide show once, but apparently the pics I used weren't the right size or format (?)  Maybe another time.

7. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago

I've always just let them slide [pun intended] and have the  most hilarious slide view numbers in comparison to page views.

Are people watching my most exciting slide shows and skipping the hub?

It would be cool to have slide shows we can create separately-oh wait we can

I'm going to sleep now-obviously need it.

cheers

Kimberly

8. easyspeak profile image72
    easyspeakposted 7 years ago

I think if you put valuable writing on the caption for the pictures, they can be very helpful.

I usually have a sentence that highlights an important point under each picture.

I find it useful on other people's hubs when I view them, if they do it right.

working