jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Page completely removed from google index for no reason.

1. Jacob Smalls profile image76
    Jacob Smallsposted 7 years ago

That page was completely removed. A search for the url in google turns up nothing but a forum post I made. This is not copied content in any way and I wrote the entire thing myself. I cannot figure why this happened.

I also wanted to resubmit it for reconsideration however you have to embed html code into the page to be able to do so to verify its your website.

Please if anyone knows how to do this let me know. I really hate spending my time writing something only to have it removed from the number 1 search engine for absolutely no reason.

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It may or may not be related to your indexing problem, but it looks to me like you are violating the AdSense Program Policy which says "Sites with Google ads may not include or link to Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products" (and thus you are also violating the HubPages rules).

Jacob Smallsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ah I was not aware of that at all. I rarely read all of the fine print sadly. Guess I wasted my time writing this one but I can post links or leave it for others to use if I want to give them info on it.

2. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 7 years ago

It's happened to me a few times.  Every time it has returned within a week or two.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Happens all the time unfortunately. Add a few incoming links and wait is all you can do. I have found that the longer they are de-indexed for, the stronger they are when they eventually do come back. ;(

Thats good then. I was trying to find good places to link to that had a lot of my keywords and decided to do a google search for my page to see where it was. It had been in the results a few days prior but was not today.

As long as it is not permanent Im fine. I dont copy content or do anything wrong so I really hate that it happened. Maybe it will come back in a lot better page ranking though.

4. euro-pen profile image80
    euro-penposted 7 years ago

This is extremely annoying. I can feel with you pretty well. The same happened to one of my hubs a few week ago. To make matters worse it was my best performing hub SE traffic-wise. Very frustrating. But like Mark Knowles said eventually the hub will get back into the google index (it took about one week in case of my hub). Especially if there is no obvious reason why it got deindexed in the first place. This is really one of the many strange things concerning Big G.

I also had one lose page ranking pretty severely as well. My guide to recording xbox 360 gameplay was withing the first 5 results of practically every search you could do for recording xbox. It made a good bit of money on amazon sales throughout the month. It is still up top in yahoo results and in a link from amazon askville on google though. Still a bad traffic drop on this page as it had previously been close to the top.