jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How do I find the short url for my hub?

1. 61
    SivadiKposted 7 years ago

When I first made my hub public I saw a page where hubpages gave me the short url version for my hub. However I didn't copy it and I'm not seeing that page again. I was wondering where can I get it again?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've never noticed this, but if you'd set your URL up properly in the first place, you wouldn't need it.

HubPages automatically generates your URL as you type in your tile when you start the Hub, but you can - and should - edit it so its shorter.  You can also choose completely different words so your URL and Hub title complement each other with a variety of key words.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

The other day after I published a hub, I saw that a short URL crops up under "connect with Facebook and Twitter" and all that at the top of the page.

3. UltimateGamer profile image61
    UltimateGamerposted 7 years ago

You can always use a service like tinyurl.com and about 100 others out there to shorten up your urls. However not advisable if you are doing back linking.

4. 61
    SivadiKposted 7 years ago

@Anti-Velentine: Haven't seen anything the url or anything Facebook or Twitter related so I'm still stumped.

Ok for example it goes something like this, "http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/22772" instead of the long version like http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/how-do- … or-my-hub. The main purpose of re-obtaining the shorter url for my hub is for obtaining backlinks using the two urls. I know there are 2 urls for each hubpage. Ezine has them for articles too. I just don't know how to find the shorter one after the notification when you first publish the hubpage.

5. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Well, I just remember right after I published the hub, I looked at the top and saw it. But like you, I don't know where I'd look after that.I don't really use the short URLs anyway. Twitter generates short URLs automatically anyway AFAIK.

6. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Is there nobody who can answer this question?

When I first published an article it showed the short URL and now I can't find it anywhere. Can someone tell us where to look?

7. SandyMcCollum profile image85
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Marisa, you're so smart! Thanks a bunch, that helps a ton!