jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Hubbers Who Blog

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I have a question for those of you who blog.  Do you like to have more than one post on a page?  I would love to hear why or why not, pros/cons, etc.

I have a couple of blogs...some I feel work with multiple posts on a page, but others not so much.  I'm trying to decide which works best, so input would be much appreciated.

2. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

I usually have one on the first page, then two or maybe three on all others.  That's just because I'm long winded, so if I put too many on a page, they tend to all run together.

I just started a personal blog on Wordpress, and I'll probably transfer some of my miscellaneous stuff there that isn't get a lot of traffic here.  At least they'll have a chance of getting read, if there are three on a page.  LOL

3. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

Until recently, I've allowed all posts to appear on the first page, because I think visitors are more likely to scroll than to click on previous posts links. It's been OK, because I use very few graphics so the page is still fairly light. But I'm on the point of changing it, because with 50 posts showing it seems a bit excessice. I think I'm going to settle for ten. (There's a link to my blog on my profile page).

4. retireyoung profile image61
    retireyoungposted 8 years ago

Most people who read blogs use an RSS reader, so design isn't as much as an issue compared with other websites.  Having said that it is good to have a nice simple and professional design and layout to encourage people to subscribe to your feed.

5. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

I blog for a couple of networks and the platform is Wordpress.  Because I am also compensated for page views I tend to write one article in tow pages, utilizing the ::read more::: feature. I will write a introductory paragraph and then code in the need to click to a new page in oder to read the rest.
    On my personal blogs I tend to just write one post per page.

6. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the input so far.  Anyone else want to pipe in?

I'm still undecided.

7. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

I usually vary the post numbers on each page for each blog, as this way I can concentrate on an area I know about more with up to ten post links on a page, but if I am referring people to affiliate stuff I tend to do less, as less is more than they can handle and I put detailed descriptions as the archive links so that they can find what they need to find without too much searching as it's near the top.

It's up to the blogging individual, but I'd say no more than ten posts on each blog page as you have to think of the visitors of how fast the blog needs to load before they will want to get off on their internet travels, a slow loading blog is one that people will not want to come back to in my experience, but then as we are living in an RSS feed age this problem is reduced as much of the blogs clutter doen't transfer to the feed page, like sidebar links etc.

I wish you well in your blogging!