jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Hub flagged for being similar to something found on another site??

1. funkystock profile image60
    funkystockposted 7 years ago

So I got a warning on my hub saying my hub was being penalized because they had found something similar somewhere else on the web.  The link that was sent to me by hub pages was from a financial thread on google where some super genius had copied and pasted my work under their name on a message board.  I searched a bit more and found it two more times in the same fashion.  I have responded to hubpages about this but somehow they word this as if it were me posting it elsewhere.  It is my work, unique information, and posted only to this site by me..How could I possibly control what others do.  I have emailed back to them with regards to this twice but no response in 3 days..Am I missing something???

Thanks

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

If someone copies from your original Hub to somewhere else your score is NOT penalized.  However it is up to you to handle any infringement notices as you are your content copyright holder.

I have a Hub that includes a section on defending your work that might help explain it to you,

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fine-Tuning-Your-Hubs

If you copy text from somewhere else on the Internet to HubPages, then you will have your HubScore penalized, even if you created that copy.  HubPages wants fresh, original content only.

3. funkystock profile image60

Appreciate the response.  I did read the hub and it was helpful.  I guess in my case all I was asking was that hubpages take the "duplicate" warning and penalty away from my account.  I provided several links to them with times and persons names that clearly showed that my work was done well before it appeared elsewhere on the web.  There just wasn't any response from them..

4. relache profile image87

funkystock, if you're getting a "duplicate warning" then what HubPages is seeing is that the content was on the other sites first, and what's here is a duplicate.  HubPages penalizes you if you post stuff that's not original to this site.  If that's not the case, you are NOT being penalized.

5. funkystock profile image60

thats my point..I posted a hub on weds night around 9 or so and at 1 the next day it appeared on a message board under someone else name.  I have tried to clarify this many times with hub pages but they seem to not want to respond.  I

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There's nothing to clarify with HubPages HQ.

They are doing you a favour. They're letting you know that someone has copy and pasted your work and put it somewhere else. Now it's up to you if you want to take it up with the site admin of the other site.

And no, you don't get penalised.

6. relache profile image87

I just looked at all your Hubs, and I'm not able to find the content being duplicated anywhere.  Which Hub is the problem?

7. funkystock profile image60

htds..massive potential..what has happened is people are copying and pasting it under their own names on financial websites..http://finance.google.ca/group/google.finance.663020/browse_thread/thread/d2136e96dff7cad3/a9f7c02a31e9e4cd?show_docid=a9f7c02a31e9e4cd..i have found it under 4 different persons names on various boards

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Just so you know, the person who had posted that has their account banned because it violated the Google Groups Terms Of Use.

Perhaps you should click on where it says "More Options" and then "Report this message" and follow the instructions.

working