jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

help with capsules. : (

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I can't seem to get my hub that I'm currently working on to progress.  the top of it is white, therefore I can't click on anything. I'm trying to move a text capsule and it won't do anything, not even disappear when I try to delete it. hmm

I also have another problem that I posted that no one has answered so I'm including it here.

I am stuck in a capsule that will not do what I want.... I am trying to line up a sentence directly underneath the line above it. it will not let me place it directly on the next line, it keeps skipping two lines down. I have tried everything I know how to do before pulling my hair out. maybe I'll just skip Iceland!

here is what it looks like now.

Greeting: Gledileg Jol (Merry Christmas)

Custom: The children decorate their homes with Christmas pockets and mouse stairs. Elves leaves gifts in the children's shoes on December 24. The first elf arrives on December 12 and the last one is gone by January 6.

no matter what I try, I cannot place it directly underneath. what am I doing wrong

I think I need a break from the computer. roll

2. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

On your second problem, try editing the hmtl.  When you hit 'enter'  it automatically places in the hmtl for a paragraph, when what you want is a break. <div>

I know I have done this before here, but it did take some doing. I may have even typed it else where and then copied and pasted it in with the hmtl I was after.

If there is an easier way, I would love to know.

rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will try the html, I have tried to copy and paste and it didn't work either, once I hit preview, it didn't line up correctly.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'll come back later, as it is now, I can proceed no further.

thanks to anyone that can help.

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

First off, always create your hubs in a text editor like Word or Notepad and then copy/paste into your hub.

I have found that the dreaded white screen usually means that Firefox/Explorer are hogging up too much memory from tabs/windows that have been opened. (They don't necessarily release that memory just because you closed it.)

So close out of your browser altogether, reboot if necessary, and you should be good to go.

rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thank you, yes I did use notepad and copied and pasted into capsules. did all the amazon boxes, was getting rid to add one more closing box and add links, rss, closed every other tab except this one.

as it is now, if I have to reboot, will I lose what is now laid out?  the text box I am trying to delete has a black line through the word text, but it won't delete.

have to leave for a while, will return later this evening.