jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

whats better for hubbs 400 words or 1500 words?

1. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 6 years ago

some people say shortr ans sweet and others say they should be 1500 words long - whats your take on this?

1. 0
      rethansmithposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I tend to shoot toward the middle of that range with between 700-900 words.  Sometimes I will write 400-600 words - but rarely do I go over 1,000 mainly because I wouldn't want to read that much if I was casually searching for information - like many of the people who visit hubs are.

1. starme77 profile image84
        starme77posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Makes Total Sense to me smile

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's going to vary with the topic, you have to write what's really appropriate for the subject matter.  I have Hubs that span that entire size range as expressed in the title question.

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

depends on your hub,

short story/personal opinion/incites/--might be a little longer

informative like how to etc,--best be short--as people want to get the information fast

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Every writer is different and therefore no set answer can be given. Go with what you feel is comfortable. Just make it easy to comprehend and easy on the eyes for your audience. Have fun! smile

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I think it's what the topic requires.  Sometimes a piece can be very short and direct, while other times, it requires in-depth information.  In general, we see longer pieces do better than short pieces of content.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is so true.  I would only do short hubs on product reviews/summaries because I want the reader to click through to the product. 

My longer hubs are meant to bring in traffic and if I give a lot of what they are searching for, then hopefully that will spill over into my other hubs.  Seems to be working fine for me.

1. Blogging Erika profile image80
        Blogging Erikaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Quoted for truth.  And remember that the longer it is, the less likely anyone will read the whole thing - or understand what they have read.  Reading comprehension drops in direct proportion to length!

That being said, I have heard that overly short HubPages get penalized with a lower HubScore.  Not sure what "overly short" means specifically, though.

5. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 6 years ago

thanks all for the advice ... it makes more sense to me now smile

6. Sexy jonty profile image61
    Sexy jontyposted 6 years ago

Start your hub and keep writing about what you know ....
    where you stop .... would be the best possible word content ....  Don't worry about the length ....

7. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 6 years ago

My hubs generally range between 800-1500 words (I do have a few w/ less than 800 words), however, the text is broken up with images, videos, products, etc. so it is not just one long span of text for visitors to read.

8. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

i stick to 5oo + words...if I can even get out 500 words I am lucky lol. But I think that depends on the writer of the hub.

9. Eleanor Candy profile image80
    Eleanor Candyposted 6 years ago

I aim to get 400 words per hub and include images in them as well. I think the more content you have, the better search engine ranking you will get.