jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why does your score rise when you have commented on a hub?

1. DeeBee3 profile image60
    DeeBee3posted 6 years ago

I'm  a newbie on here,so I'll aplogise in advance if this question has been done to death on here in the past, but it has occured to me that certain unscupulous individuals would comment on hubs 'willy nilly' just to further their own scores, rather than actually giving a **** about what they have just read.
    Would'nt it be better to be scored from traffic generated and content topic, rather than other hubbers comments?

1. 0
      Janettaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

some do that anyway smile Since you are so new, only a few days, your score is going to continue to rise pretty evenly so long as you keep active. So, while it may seem as if your score rose simply from commenting, it's likely because, as Darkside said, some of the many factors that affect the score.

Often, your score won't reflect your activity right away, either. So try not to get discouraged about its fluctuating day to day.

The one big thing that seems to DROP a score almost immediately is serial fanning/spam fanning or fanning a bunch of people in little time (say 30 in 5 minutes) other than that, it usually takes a little time to affect score good or bad smile

Being active in the community by commenting and rating hubs and posting in the forums, as well as writing quality original hubs will help to continue to raise your score over time. big_smile

ok, didn't mean to leave such a long winded answer! lol
      Welcome to HubPages!!!!

DeeBee3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not long winded at all,very informative,thankyou, both for the advice and the welcome.

2. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That situation gets corrected too, as Hub authors can chose to moderate comments.  If enough people flag your comments as spam (which can happen from a slew of meaningless posts) then the system starts to mark any comments you make as spam, and then they don't actually show up.

Ahh, good one. Thanks for that.

2. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 6 years ago

HubScore is influenced by various factors. Traffic, I believe, is a major contributor to HubScore.

And HubberScore is influenced by HubScore and activity.

Ahh Hubscore and Hubberscore,I was forgetting there were two types on here. Strewth it's a minefield on here,will I ever get my head around it all.Thanks for your reply.

3. 0
    Janettaposted 6 years ago

any time! wink