jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Linking Bug when publishing new hub

1. Leisa St Ledger profile image60
    Leisa St Ledgerposted 9 years ago

I have recently published two new hubs and have added the 'link' capsule so I can link both my hubpages together. I am following normal procedure and saving the capsule once I have added the links, however once I go to publish the hubpage my the link capsule dissappears.

Is anyone able to advise if there is a current issue with this or a way around this so I can have my links displayed in my hubpages?

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

2. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 9 years ago

After you pasted in the URL, etc, did you hit the "ADD LINK" button?

Did a little grey bar with your text in it then appear below the links editing box?

If not, then you haven't actually saved the link info into the capsule yet, and an empty capsule doesn't display.

Jenny

3. ysdata profile image67
    ysdataposted 9 years ago

Leisa St Ledger, that has happen to me too.  Wait about 15 minutes and try again.

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Its been happening to me for a couple of weeks - I've reported it as a bug - I find I can still link to non-hub pages - it's just hub pages that I have a problem  You can work around it by using links in a text capsule but its a bit of a pain typing in the description!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

We're working on it.

5. stephhicks68 profile image84
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

A related question, I guess - how do you put those arrows at the end of your hub that direct the reader to a related hub?  Thanks!

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Those links go to other hubs in the same group.  You can group your hubs here:

http://hubpages.com/my/groups

or assign a group in the group tab at the top when you're editing the hub.

6. stephhicks68 profile image84
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

Oh - great!  Thanks Paul!

working