jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

What's up with my Ad Sense revenue?

1. 0
    pgrundyposted 6 years ago

I'm at 18 cents for December and I have 223 hubs. My traffic shows zero in Google (which is weird--where did the 18 cents come from if I have no traffic from anywhere? Where did my December comments come from?}

I suppose it's possible that I'm just not doing very well this month--my partner has been sick and I haven't been able to write much--but I don't think I did this poorly even when I first started at Hub Pages.

Any guesses at what is wrong or advice on what I should do next, if anything?

1. xriotdotbiz profile image49
      xriotdotbizposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I get an occasional few pennies from adsense without any impressions too.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

There was a thread earlier about adsense acting weird, could be a related problem? hmm

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago
    1. 0
      pgrundyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Interesting. No answers though!

God, Google drives me nuts.

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Pam, what are your traffic levels like? Has your Hub traffic slowed down?

5. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I had my second worst adsense day of the last two months yesterday...... it has made me not want to publish right now! Basically I made about $1 on 3500 impressions.....

So I share your pain completely, something is wrong, they have restricted money flow or something.....

6. 0
    pgrundyposted 6 years ago

Nell--That's what's weird--my traffic. Google is showing I have NO traffic, none, zippo.

I confess I don't understand the Google very well--it's not my forte at all--but eighteen cents for three days is pretty much the bottom of my barrel.

Ryan, if you have had a bad time, maybe it's just going around. I mean, you usually kick ass.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

maybe you should do what habee did and contact Paul Deeds. He can check and make sure your adsense stuff is correct. Habee's Amazon stuff wasn't, and it was when she started. I don't know how it could have changed, but it did.

1. 0

That's a good idea Nelle. I'll give it through the weekend and if I'm still tanking and it all looks weird I'll email him.

7. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

now that i checked again, i have 229 impressions today and earned 55 cents.

there does seem to be a bit of a disparity...

1. 0

I rechecked and on HP (not Google) I'm showing 495 impressions for yesterday, and .03 cents.

That is a big drop in traffic. This summer I was getting close to 30,000 hits a month, so that's about half. Still, very sad about the crappy money and all. sad

1. 0
        cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

how do you check it on HP? i know how to do it per hub but not overall. i didn't realzie there was a difference neutral

1. 0

If you click on 'my account' at the top of the page (in the grey box) and scroll down to the bottom of all your hubs, it lists how many impressions you've gotten for one day, 7 days, and 30 days.

When I check my Google Analytics, it says I have no impressions, no traffic/

1. 0
            cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

mine says "page views" instead of "impressions", which is why i was confused.

mine says:

1 day   7 days  30 days 
            692     4302    10982

after more study, i realized i didn't have Google Analytics enabled, so i did that just now. i never would have done that if you hadn't posted this post. thanks so much!

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
              rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed that these don't ever match exactly, HP and analytics.  I always have more on analytics. has anyone else noticed this?

my organic traffic has increased on some hubs, and has dropped on others or stayed the same. it changes.

8. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

My stats from yesterday are normal with how things have been going for me.

No errors or unusual stats here.

9. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

My organic traffic has dropped right off. Not completely but it's significantly lower. Something in the air maybe. Hope you get sorted pg smile

And I hope (even more) that your OH is getting better.