I Don't Understand?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Jaysmine profile image61
    Jaysmineposted 14 years ago

I don't understand why my hubscore went down instead of up? did I do something wrong with my hubpages?

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hello and Welcome to HubPages. I visited your Hubs and checked out both. I rate both up, because I like their content. I left a comment on one of them. I also became a follower of your writing and I am looking forward to see what else you write about. I'm just a curious person in general.

Best wishes for whatever you do. If you should need help again, feel free to check out the forums for newbies and visit some of the long-standing member's Hubs. You'll meet who they are, providing you spend some time in the forums and get yourself noticed.

Enjoy. smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Welcome and don't worry too much about your score..just keep writing hubs and commenting in here...that thing goes up and down whenever it feels like it lol

4. Jaysmine profile image61

Cagsil, thank you so much for helping out. I appreciate it. I intend to be a very active member of hub pages so I'm working hard to be a "good" hubber.

Crazdwriter, that seems so strange to me, that the number flutates randomly....but your right, I shouldn't worry about my score THAT much......smile I'll just keep hubbing then!

5. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Yep just keep hubbing. you are only "4 hours old" so you have plenty of time for your score to get higher.

6. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 14 years ago

Jaysmine, I wrote a Hub about improving HubScores that talks a bit about the rhyme and reason, or lack thereof, to scores.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Boosting-HubScores

7. Jaysmine profile image61

relache, thanks for the information. Its really helpful. I'm just worried now because my hubscore is exceptionally low ... but oh well the only way to do it is to keep hubbing and adding useful information smile

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would be an insult to those that spend 40+ hours per week on here, every week, many for 2 or 3 years..... for somebody with 3 hubs in just 19 hours having a hubscore any higher than 16. That is like a baby coming out of the womb and asking why they are not 6 foot tall.

But welcome to hubpages.

1. Jaysmine profile image61
        Jaysmineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow harsh welcome. The only reason I asked or was inquiring was because I saw someone else who was new yesterday with a hubscore of 11 and while they weren't commenting on it, people said "Well your hubscore is exceptionally low that is unusual" Further more when I joined up it was 30 so to see it go down after I worked and contributed to the site was a bit discouraging but I guess thats how things go.

1. profile image0

I dont think that it was harsh in the slightest, the sooner that you realise that this place needs a lot of hard work and patience to work for you the better. Most new hubbers are nowhere to be seen after their first 5 hubs, normally due to a lack of patience. I stick by what I said, there are people that are in this game for a living - this isn't a mobile phone game this is a business and it takes time. If you want to know how to make hundreds of dollars per month then by all means ask me more questions, if you want to know how to make thousands of dollars per month then by all means ask Mark Knowles some questions, if you are worried about a pointless number next to your photo then you will soon bore people. Patience is a virtue.

Again, welcome to hubpages. Was that harsh enough?

2. moanalisa profile image61
        moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I never once dropped below 50 since starting, but I think much of that has to do with listening to experienced hubbers here and taking their advice and striving to tweak and improve. There is a huge amount that I still need to learn and I'm still digesting and have yet to implement much of the advice given. The fact that my scores started to rise is due to YOU, the hubbers, for being so informative and helpful and shouldn't be considered a slap in the face.

1. profile image0

A hubberscore starts below 50, I believe it starts at 30, and always falls almost instantly after publication of your first hub. There you go, this is me being informative....

1. moanalisa profile image61
            moanalisaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, perhaps they changed this as it seems mine started at 50 and as soon as I published several, it climbed. Perhaps I could be wrong in that, as I tried to do some research about HP prior to even joining and had something to write about instantly.

1. profile image0

So your telling me that they changed this within the last 4 days? If you go to 'hubbers' then 'latest' you will see that the latest hubber has 29 or 30 as a hubberscore. My hubberscore started at 30 all those months ago, so no they havent changed it, your score started at 30. I have 4 other accounts on hubpages, they all started at 30 too.

1. profile image0
                Smooth as Silkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can have more than one account here?

1. profile image0

Yes

8. moanalisa profile image61
    moanalisaposted 14 years ago

I am very new here, too. But one thing I have noticed after reading a great deal, is that to make sure your hubs contain a lot of substance. I looked at your hubs and it's offered as a critique to improve, not a criticism.

One of them seems more of a list, another is very short, in my opinion, and they all lack some true "meat".

This site contains many tools and advice to succeed and I do recommend reading as much as you can. Perhaps bolstering your current hubs after doing so will bring your scores up some, but from what I've read here, the scores don't carry so much weight as the quality of content you provide.

Best of luck to you!

9. G Miah profile image77
    G Miahposted 14 years ago

When i joined my hubpages my score went from 50 to 11 within 2 days, until i wrote a couple of hubs, it then started rising quite fast. After the third hub my score went to over 50 and rising still, within 5 days. I wasn't worried and kept publishing hubs.

My advice is just keep on top of writing hubs, and you will slowly have your score increase within days. My highest score was 92, but hasn't dropped below 86 and is fluctuating up and down. Don't worry and keep going.

10. WriteAngled profile image73
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

I think I dropped to the 20s after joining, but as soon as I put in one hub it started rising. Must say though that the whole scoring issue is a total mystery to me!

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image73
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 14 years ago

The fact that your first hub is a direct cut and paste from Savannah Outen's Facebook profile probably isn't helping your score.

1. profile image0

lol not another thick cheating bastard.

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This will totally hurt you.  If you haven't read the FAQ, you really need to,

http://hubpages.com/faq/

1. profile image0

Yeah, FAQ off!

12. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Hi, you must not worry about scores, instead try to write articles which is worth the time of those who will read it

welcome here!!

13. moanalisa profile image61
    moanalisaposted 14 years ago

Oh, wow, what a major ouch, how do you see if someone has done that?

14. Jaysmine profile image61

I actually work on Savanmah's team. That biography is a release and ment for publication. So no I'm not a cheating 'bastard' and am very familar with plagerism. I go to one of the top universities in the country, they certainly do not allow plagerism and I would never risk my academic or professional career by plagerizing or publishing content that is not ment for mass distribution. However if hubpages uses an automatic screening process I can see how that hub may be lowering my score. Soon as I get access to the net again and am not on my phone, I will edit that hub. I probably have a draft or old bio that never got released when we were brainstorming her bio template a few years ago, so I could use that....probably a good way to start.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)