I am Neebie to Hub

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (22 posts)
  1. jsans profile image61
    jsansposted 16 years ago

Hi All,

I was trying to do my first hub.

I notice that many other hubs have a Picture at top Right corner.

I looked at Hub Pages FAQ but did not see how to structure the page code
    to insert that Image.

Can anyone send me some detail instructions on how to do that.

Thanks

John Santoro

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
      Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years agoin reply to this

There are arrows at the top of the photo capsules  <-    ->.  If you click on the right pointing arrow, your capsule will move right and you can then move it up or down.

1. jsans profile image61
        jsansposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help.

John

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 16 years ago
  3. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sheesh. And then I go look at the scumbag's hub and he's a spammer selling money making online schemes.

1. jimmythejock profile image83
      jimmythejockposted 16 years agoin reply to this

Noted Mark flagged lol.....jimmy

2. jsans profile image61

Hi Mark,

I told You I was neebie at Hub.

I am offended by your remarks and you have pissed me off.

You have a have a foul mouth

Being a newbie like I said I was you should emailed me back
      and educated me rather than insult me.

I looked at other hubs in Business section and thought you could
      advertise interesting programs to help educate people on how to
      make money on the Internet.

I did not want to offend other members.

I will delete my hub.

Sorry about that

John Santoro

3. jsans profile image61

Hi Mark,

what is this guy's hub doing.

Are You Exploring Freight Broker Agent Job At A 3PL?

He is selling a product isn't he.

John

4. Mark Knowles profile image59

Look at his hub - he wasn't asking a question.

1. jsans profile image61

Hi Mark,

I will delete my hub.

Sorry about that

John Santoro

5. Peter M. Lopez profile image71
    Peter M. Lopezposted 16 years ago

I did look at his hub.  There was a huge picture at the top.  I thought he was wanting it moved to the right-hand corner.

Perhaps if I had read it more closely, I would have realized it was promotional though.

Nice catch.

1. jsans profile image61

Hi Pete,

I was trying to do that.

I will delete my hub.

Sorry about that

John Santoro

6. Mark Knowles profile image59

LOL - I usually check before making a reply, but the avatar fooled me. They either get help or a scathing response - depending LOL

7. Mark Knowles profile image59

What you hub about is up to you. Don't delete it on my account. But hubpages frown on hubs purely to promote an outside site - which yours is. Read the help section - it's all in there.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59

What?

Say that again please.

9. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 16 years ago

John Did you read the rules before submitting your spam/junk/scam ?.....jimmy

1. jsans profile image61

Hi Jimmy,

Go over the Business hubs and look at 81

Then tell me what he is doing versus my hub?

I would like your feed back,.

John Santoro

10. Mark Knowles profile image59

Hey, I helped you first - and you are apparently too dumb to take my advice and read the "help" section:

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

11. helpdeskian profile image58
    helpdeskianposted 16 years ago

I have no idea what just happened here. But I must admit he is a rather polite spammer. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 16 years agoin reply to this

LOL - I think he genuinely doesn't realize that's what he's doing LOL

12. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 16 years ago

I'm terrible, I am a spelling/grammar nazi. That should be "I am a Newbie"...

13. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 16 years ago

If you look at broker's score, you will see that he rates a grand 4 out of 100.

That will give you an idea of what HubPages thinks of his Hubs - or in his case, Hub.

You have to score over 75 before HubPages will take the "no follow" off the links on your Hubs, so he has completely wasted his time and ours by posting that Hub.

It has most likely been flagged as spam already, and will probably disappear when the overworked staff get around to looking at it.

If you are serious about participating in this community, then take a look at the Hubs which are published by people who regularly post in the forums, and have a score over 75.

By the time you have read a dozen or so, you should have a good feel for it.

There is a lot of rubbish written about Web 2.0 sites like this by internet marketers, and most of it is dead wrong. May I humbly suggest that you make this one of your dozen ...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Web-20-Marketin … Or-Fiction

Good luck,

Jenny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)