jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Widgets Need to have More Flexibility

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I would love to include Hubpages Widgets on my other shopping sites, but I need to put jewelry hubs on jewelry sites. It would be great if a widget could pull from a specific Hub Group. Until then, I can't use the widget to promote HubPages on my shopping sites, because the links just wouldn't make sense to my shoppers.

2. Urbane Chaos profile image92
    Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago

...if I may say, that's a damn good idea!  I hadn't thought about that.

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I have yet to find any real use for the widgets. Its not customizable enough to integrate with any of my sites and just looks foriegn, w/o a tracker option its hard to judge how it performs per hub, I much prefer just using a tag rss and the rss widgets in my WP or Blogspot sites.

4. 0

I actually designed a few of my sites, to go with the HP design and layout, so the widget looks nice on it. But it's useless for me now.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I noticed that when looking at your sites posted on profile and now I remember you did that intentionally to allow visitors to jump back and forth between the two with minimal visual jarring.

I peeked at your hub tags, seems like the tag rss option would take a lot of work as you dont seem to use any general tags like "jewelry" or "necklace" that would work the way I use them

hopefully some time the widgets will get the full treatment, i wonder if any third party has ever developed one?

6. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

I think this is a great idea!

Maybe have an advanced option on the widget that pulls a tag or something.

I agree with suforged, that I haven't been able to find use for the widget because it just doesn't pull specific anything.  Plus, they stand out.

7. 0

I have dozens of sites, that I would place a customizable widget on. I've thought about coding one myself - but time - I just don't have the time these days.