jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Chitika on Hubpages

1. akihan profile image88
    akihanposted 7 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if we are able to use chitika in hubpages. Are we able to manually add in ad units into our hubs or we only have adsense. I'm not such a huge fan on kontera.

1. sunforged profile image73
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There is no Chitika functionality and as we dont have html/js access it isnt something you can add in either........, it would be a cool alternative to Kontera though, wouldnt it.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I for one would rather have a Chitika option here rather than Kontera. I use Chitika and Adbrite on a couple of my niche blogs and so far Chitika is out performing Adbrite and Adsense on those blogs.

2. harryinc profile image60
      harryincposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I guess chitika will be in direct competition with ebay and Amazon ads.

1. Dame Scribe profile image59
        Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Which would be good for those that don't use Amazon or Ebay big_smile

2. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 7 years ago

You guys are just making that up to make me feel stupid, aren't you? I have no idea what you're talking about.smile

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL Chitika and Adbrite are pay per click advertising networks like Google's Adsense.  They work along with Adsense so you can have both on a site at the same time.  Most pro-bloggers use either or, along with paid advertising space.

2. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you, bro!  Often I feel I am hanging on the flying heels of the more knowledgeable participants.  Thanks goodness for them though.  I learn a lot just watching the lingo unfold. smile

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Actually I don;t know why HP team does not offer Chitika, too. They have it on Yieldbuild, so it should be absolutely compatible...

1. akihan profile image88
      akihanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's true. Is there any way to feedback to hubpages to get them to consider adding chitika functionality? They are already using it anyway.

4. skyfire profile image71
    skyfireposted 7 years ago

Though YB and HP are related, i think chitika needs to give them approval for showing it on all approved chitika accounts @HP.

5. retellect profile image79
    retellectposted 7 years ago

Chitika.............if only we could have it on HP. Why don't we ask HP staff?

Skyfire, what if some HP users already have Chitika? Those shouldnt need re-approving for HP right?

1. skyfire profile image71
      skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes i do have chitika and like me other publisher don't need to apply. But point is chitika is interested in US/CA/UK traffic only(with their premium contextual ad program), so that way they can't deal with HP as they have member-base from around the world (unless both of them work something out).

1. retellect profile image79
        retellectposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yup, I was thinking HP could work out something. Then again, think about it........google might frown. Too much ads from different networks can't be a good thing.

working