unbeleivable day on adsense!!

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. canadawest99 profile image60
    canadawest99posted 13 years ago

and I don't mean in the positive - 26 cents!! and got it from my bukisa account.  Haven't had a hubpages click in 2 or 3 days now.  Last weekend I was at over $10/day after which was pretty good after fighting off the panda attack. 

I have no idea what is going out there in the google world, but frankly its making me pretty mad today.

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Same here ......... I am seriously wondering if I should deactivate the HP ads .

2. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Great news canadawest99!  I had a $12 last week. Yesterday I had a little over $7. I won't complain.  I know HubPages is trying to make up for the Google loss as well.  I feel the HP ads conflict with Google.  You know Google doesn't play well with others.  I turn my HP ads off and on.  I seem to get less from Adsense when they run together.

1. sabrebIade profile image80
        sabrebIadeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"You know Google doesn't play well with others."
        Exactly right.
        I have heard people say that Google doesn't care, but I have been doing Adsense since 2007 and I have seen Adsense pitch a fit over using other ads.

2. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

Strangely, I had good day Adsense-wize today, though it was poor yesterday.

Also my traffic is back to pre-slap levels for the first time.

I am delighted to see a few pages that had dropped out of sight returning to top spots in search.

3. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

The traffic seems to have increased but where have the clicks gone??????  at least for me.. sad

1. David Warren profile image84
      David Warrenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am completely new to hub pages. I published two a few weeks ago and then a new one today. I don't have any great expectations for profit which is probably good as I've earned one whole penny thus far! Only using Adsense and linking hubs to facebook. Guessing that isn't sufficient? Or is it just a matter of writing ALOT of hubs?

4. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 13 years ago

If you are getting a lot less income with adsense + HP ads than adsense alone it might be worth disabling HP ads for a few weeks. See if things improve.

You can disable them without any penalty- though Hubpages say they will look unkindly on too much enabling and disabling.

I am getting the same with HP ads enabled as I got with adsense pre-slap so I am happy enough to keep it, for now.

If you are talking about clicks to Amazon or Ebay- mine were poor last month but improving.

I reckon dumping the garbage out of HP will gradually help the rest of us to get back to normal.

1. canadawest99 profile image60
      canadawest99posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Looks like the trend continues today, already 4 cents in my account and again not even from Hubpages.  Almost 4 days and no clicks from hubpages.    Somedays I really hate google.

5. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

I have been having lots of traffic to my ad sense but its not tracked, so no idea where folks are going to be exposed to my ads. I don't have any potential sources that are not tracked so its hard to know whats going on with ad sense but if my understanding is right its likely that these are google ads, on my hubs but being shown through the hub pages ad program? With the fact that the earnings there is very steady if not high, its a stronger earner for me the ad sense was. My amazon is also starting to show signs of returning to normal (fingers crossed!) and only 1 hub deleted (it was pretty poor anyway, had had less then 30 hits in a year so no loss lol). All in all my feeling is that for my hubs at any rate the key is just to be patient, wait for the dust to settle and maybe do a back link or two when the opportunity arises wink

6. rmr profile image68
    rmrposted 13 years ago

I've had 5 clicks for all of April so far, which is WAY below the norm. I'm not convinced it has anything to do with with HP ad program, though. It has been going the same way, for me at least, at Info Barrel and Bukisa as well.

7. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I turned off Hub Ads after a weeks trial with the program, it was making a steady $2ish each day but that wasn't enough for me and I did it because I had a really bad Adsense last weekend...I have had a bit of an increase in Adsense but I am waiting to see if switching HP off has made a difference in the week.
    I am going to tough it out and I've also deleted the majority of comment boxes leaving only a small RSS at the end of each hub, the idea there was to give more exposure to the footer ad.

8. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 13 years ago

I'm running a 2 week test now comparing Adsense to HP earnings.
    I ran HP for two weeks, now I'm comparing it to what I get with straight up Adsense.
    Too early for any results yet.

9. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 13 years ago

My adsense is pathetic with or without the HP ads. Thus, I’m keeping the HP ads on. smile

10. Michael Willis profile image67
    Michael Willisposted 13 years ago

I have noticed that the Ads are pretty awful and I know I wouldn't think about clicking on them if i saw them on another site.
    Seems PR ranking is not the only Google slap. Me thinks the Ads have been targeted by Google as well.
    I remember far better Ads before the Google Panda shakedown.

11. Bill Manning profile image67
    Bill Manningposted 13 years ago

I have noticed adsense clicks on my own sites, where I get most of them, are also very low paying right now.

Just a few weeks ago they were paying pretty good, but then dived a week or so ago.

Nothing stays the same however, so they will be back up sometime. smile

12. Ladybird33 profile image68
    Ladybird33posted 13 years ago

Are most people turning off HP due to the conflict?  My google has not been great and I can tell you I am a little frustrated...your thoughts?

13. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 13 years ago

If I multiply by 3 what I have coming from AdSense so far this month (since 1/3 of April has passed) then the total will be better than what I got last month. March was bad, but things are picking up again very nicely. I'm leaving my HP ads active. I don't think they are taking away from AdSense.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)