What the heck is Keyword Stuffing????

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years ago

What is it?

How does it happen?

How do you do it?

1. Hub Llama profile image63
      Hub Llamaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Keyword Stuffing is filling an article with keywords in an unnatural manner. It really is not effective anymore, and actually will hurt on any decent system like Google SERPs and the major ad networks.

You do it intentionally be repeating what you think is the "money phrase" over and over. Something like this:

"Big boobs are the best. Women with big boobs are better than women with not big boobs, because big boobs are the favorites of everyone especially people who like big boobs. If you don't like big boobs it is because you are just one of those big boobs who lies about what kind of boobs you like. Do you like big boobs or bigger boobs?"

By the way, I was trying to stuff "because" how did I do smile

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Big boobs? How much?

1. Michael Willis profile image67
          Michael Willisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Also, it is disappointing to find out your date had stuffed boobs.

2. Faybe Bay profile image65
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

saw one like that, only it was about Jesus God Jesus, which was too sad.  Thing is, I was such a newb. The Hubber posted a question and there was only one answer. so i felt bad and answered the Q pointing out that the previous answer was messed up and made no sense. Now I found the Hub. I think the one who posted the question and the answer are the same as it was just a bunch of keywords over and over.

Didn't know it was called keyword stuffing, but I am new.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Here at HubPages, it'll get ya flagged.  Google doesn't like it, either.

3. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

IE, I read your hubs.  You don't have any hubs that are stuffed.  Don't worry about it.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

it used to be a tricky way to rank well in search engines.

The Wonder Blender Review.

Boy, i love my wonder blender, out of all the blenders i have had I like my wonder blender the best. forget the awesome blender the wonder blender does everything you could ask for in a blender. The wonder blender comes in 2 color choices. My wonder blender is red. Your wonder blender could be blue.

That used to work, now it doesnt..I wouldnt worry very much about it and I would discount any advice that suggests otherwise

1. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the advice.

3. darkside profile image66
    darksideposted 14 years ago

What is keyword stuffing?

Keyword stuffing is when you try and stuff as many keywords as you can into an article. Some people believe keyword stuffing works to get the attention of search engines so when people do a search for a keyword they hope it comes up high (because of all the keyword stuffing).

Others believe keyword stuffing only works if a certain percentage of the article have the keywords, that if the keywords go over the percentage that there could be a penalty applied for the keyword stuffing.

And then there are those, such as myself, who find the practice of deliberately stuffing keywords into articles to be annoying as seeing the same keywords repeatedly stuffed into a sentence does not make for good reading.

4. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Keyword stuffing is pretty obvious, and can be easily picked up by Google, or anyone who is just reading a keyword stuffed article.

This will negatively affect both SERPs and Conversions in my experience.

5. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Keyword stuffing is when you stuff something into a turkey you shouldn't....or it's the process of adding too many keywords to an article!

6. lindagoffigan profile image56
    lindagoffiganposted 14 years ago

The SEO rule is to not use more than 5% of key words in the entire article.  However, keywords should be in the URL and in the first 100 words of the paragraph.  You should always write foremost for your relevant intended audience.  What I have been noticing with the Google Alert is that an interesting topic will be top ranked but upon clicking on the link, the article is maybe only one paragraph as if to bait and switch the reader.  Google should prohibit website from having an interesting topic and then only listing a few sentences after they have gotten the reader on their web page.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Write this to Google. We do not have any power over it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)