jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Using hubs to drum up freelance work

1. 0
    Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago

Can you use your hubs to demonstrate your writing skills?  Someone put a nasty little doubt in my mind the other day by pointing out that prospective employers would find work with a lack of traffic off putting.  What do you think, a useful way of showcasing your creative ability or urinating in the wind?

1. TheCreditTruth profile image60
      TheCreditTruthposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If they are looking to evaluate your writing I wouldn't think they would care about traffic.  If they are evaluating your ability to promote your writing then the traffic and backlinks would matter.

1. 0
        Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats what I thought, thanks for that.  Odd how easy it is for someone to get you doubting yourself.

2. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Since only you should have access to your traffic stats what would a perspective employer or client see other than your score, and that of a particular hub except the talent you offer for evaluation? And since no one can identify, describe or quantify the meaning of these mysterious scores, apparently it means even less.

Of all the things hub pages might be, it is certainly good and easily accessible place to showcase a portfolio of work. Actually for me; other than the odd political rant now and than and some levity in the forums, that’s about all I use Hub Pages for.

3. Sufidreamer profile image80
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

Yep, readytoescape is bang on the money. It is an excellent place for setting up a portfolio - I have had some good contracts through HP smile

1. 0

Good to know Sufi, thanks.

4. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Thanks Sufi,

Kathryn, as an example of how well it can work, some of my clients now have articles written about their businesses posted here. These articles opened doors and generated contracts and agreements to do all their publicity and oversee advertisement as well as other work products.

To see the articles visit my profile and check out Readytoescape Lake County and the links from that hub

1. 0

Will do, cheers for that.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If people are just wanting to know about the quality of your writing skills traffic shouldn't matter.

If you are trying to sell SEO services, then you need to show high Google rankings for some high quality keywords, or high quality & volume of traffic.