jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hub Ranking Question

1. 0
    crystal_boothposted 9 years ago

I know that your content has to be original to get good response from Google and such, but I used an article I had published on ezine articles to get one of my hubs started. I left it there for a while and then I republished it with original content a few days ago. The ranking had been around 20 for a while and this hub has no traffic outside of hubpages and nothing has changed even with the new content.

My question is how long will it take Gooogle to crawl it again. Or should I delete the hub and create a new one with the new content I used?

The url is http://hubpages.com/hub/dataentry

Thanks in advance,
    ~ Crystal

2. Fitter profile image74
    Fitterposted 9 years ago

You should get few links to your hub and everything will be ok smile

1. 0
      crystal_boothposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what you mean? Can you explain that in more detail?

3. Fitter profile image74
    Fitterposted 9 years ago

OK let's see in details.

>I know that your content has to be original to get good response from >Google
    In general, you are right. But there are millions of sites that have duplicated content ONLY (!), and they have a lot of traffic from Google. For example - a news site, that takes content from thousands of sources. Usually, that kind of sites have high Page Rank and are Trust Rank. So because of high trust, content which are duplicated, often ranks higher than original source.

The Trust of domain consist of huge amount of parts, I've seen a list of about 100, but the main is inbound links. The better links -> you have more trust -> your have higher rankings.

Dealing with hubs, you can take content somewhere and make a hub, and this content could be higher than original one.

If you made an unique content from that article - thats great.
    To get indexed you need to place some links to your page. The speed of crawling (and re-crawling) your page by Google robots depends on inbound links - on their amount and quality.

So as result you need to get good links to your hub.

Hope my English isn't so terrible to understand written above )

4. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

If you've written new info on your hub related to your ezine article, you might try going back to your ezine artilce and adding a link to the hub in the resource box. I've found it has made a difference in both traffic and getting indexed by Google.

5. 0
    crystal_boothposted 9 years ago

Thanks so much to both of you for your help, but I just found out my hub is flagged and I'm not sure why.

Any ideas?