jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you change the name of a link?

1. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

I've wanted to add a link in my hub, but I didn't want it to look like this: http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Popularity-of-Being-Rude -- I wanted to just have this:  Tom Cornett

Can someone please tell me how to do this?  I have looked and looked, but can't find it anywhere, especially since I don't know what to even call this...big_smile

Thank you!

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

When you have the text capsule editor open just highlight the words you want to link to by clicking and dragging over them then at the to of the editor there is a button that looks like a chain, when you open that a new window opens that has a place for you to enter the URL to where you want the link. then click the insert button.

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I am assuming you mean turn the word blue and make it a link not have the link there.

In order to do this go into your hub and edit.

Highlight the word, say the word is bullying you would highlight just this word then you click the chain in the toolbar and it will bring up another box where you add in the link. Follow the directions there and save. That should do it for you.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Tam and thank you LYNNE, that is very useful, am glad to visit forums once in awhile you learn a lot from here

4. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

Thank you--that's what I was looking for, and I was hoping someone would understand what I was trying to describe, lol...

Now to go play with it, see what I can do...lol