jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Can not complete google adsense signup with hubpage

1. skyea profile image60
    skyeaposted 6 years ago

I already have an active google adsense account. After signing up with hubpage, I wanted to link it to my hub. I received the confirmation email to authorize hubpage to link to my google adsense. However, when I check back with my affiliate settings in hubpage, it is still not set. I've tried to copy the affiliate code, but hubpage will not permit me to paste the code in the set up section. Can anyone help? Thanks

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Did you remember to follow the link provided in the email that Adsense sent you? Otherwise, access would not have been authorized.

Like this: "In order to use AdSense through www.hubpages.com, you'll need to grant www.hubpages.com access to the ad code and reports in your AdSense account. To do so, please follow this link..."

1. skyea profile image60
      skyeaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I did confirm the email. Just to be on the safe side, I clicked on the "sign up" button couple more time and received confirmation email that says that I have already authorized hubpage access to my google adsense account. I just tried to sign up again and it is still the same thing. The page just keeps on loading and will not process the request. Thanks.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for responding back. This may be a browser issue. Try clearing the cache, then attempt again. Or better even: Try a different browser. Browser compatibility issues frequently cause problems, so it is worth a try.

3. MyWebs profile image85
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Are you misinterpreting HubPages's feedback possibly?

Google will say "Active
    Amazon will say "Set"
    eBay will say "" (I don't know, no account)
    Kontera will say "" (I don't know, I don't like so not setup here)
    Analytics will say "Set"

The only code you paste in should look like this:
    ca-pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - Where the X's are you would normally see a bunch of numbers.

1. skyea profile image60
      skyeaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I tried using different browser, and the google chrome worked. This time, hubpage successfully inserted my affiliate ID into my account settings.

MyWebs: thanks for your input. The problem I was having was within the my account - affiliate program page, where it should allow us to insert the affiliate code. I was unable to insert code, and it was not linking through the signup process. If it was linking by itself, then the code appears automatically, which is what happened after I tried the chrome browser.

4. 0
    cosetteposted 6 years ago

well, glad it worked. when i set up Adsense for Quincy (my other HubPages account) i wondered why HubPages kept saying my phone number was not on file - it was because Quincy has a different email account than the one my Adsense is tied to.

good thing to remember if anyone can't activate their Adsense on a second account.

5. Stephen Morgan profile image60
    Stephen Morganposted 6 years ago

I too had a problem, using Firefox. I had set up an Adsense account and received approval, yet with no joy at attempting the link!

Using Internet Explorer ? - worked a treat. I would never have thought it to be a browser issue - thanks for this thread and all the help!

6. Manon Monsall profile image80
    Manon Monsallposted 6 years ago

I am experiencing the exact same problem. After linking HubPages with my existing AdSense account -- and confirming the email link, multiple times -- no code is pasted and it still says "not set". According to AdSense, HubPages has access and the accounts are linked. But no code ... "not set"!

I cannot enter the AdSense code manually, either. I tried Firefox and Internet Explorer. No dice. (I do not use Google Chrome.)

What else can I try?

Please help!

Thanks smile

7. 61
    Chriseeposted 6 years ago

I have exactly the same problem, tried Exployer, Firefox and Chrome, be very greatfull for any ideas

Many thanks