jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Is this spam?

1. SummerSteward profile image59
    SummerStewardposted 6 years ago

on one of my articles..[/url]http://hubpages.com/hub/avoid-buying-conflict-diamonds-guilt-free-diamonds[/url]

this comment was posted:

"Meghan 19 hours ago

Forget just "conflict-free." Discover ethically sourced diamonds at C5 company."

The name Meghan was linked :

Which is another bloggers blog within the c5 company. I haven't yet approved the comment and I am not sure that I should? Although I can't really see what's wrong with it though either? Maybe you folks have some words of wisdom for me?

1. aka-dj profile image80
      aka-djposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am very selective of what links I approve.
      It's a question of how you feel about promoting it, or seen to be supportive of it.
      Your choice.big_smile

2. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

I would say it's a form parasitical spam. They are parasiting off of you to promote themselves. There is no reciprocol linking or sharing.  I don't usually allow plugs to other sites unless they are truly useful and beneficial.

SummerStewardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

ya, I think your right.. looks like she is the founder for the company.. weird. "deleted"

3. wyanjen profile image87
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

You'll get different opinions about this. Some hubbers delete any comments that have links in them.

If it's me - if the link is to a commercial site, I'd delete it.

If it links to somebody's blog or hub, and they are looking for a back link from a hub that is about the same topic but they are not selling anything directly - I go ahead and leave it. If it's tasteful and the topic is relevant to my hub somehow.
    (I do this because back links can be hard to get, and I appreciate it when bloggers let me put my links on their pages.) smile

SummerStewardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

hmm, well it is relevant, it's a diamond company selling ethically sourced diamonds. However, I have no idea if she's gonna share the love.. or even how to begin to understand her blogging world lol. It seems like the blogs within the company. A diamond company.. whatev. I obviously have a long way to go before I get a firm grasp on different blog avenues. I think I'll just delete it..