jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Disabled Adsense field

1. humanmade profile image60
    humanmadeposted 6 years ago

On my Affiliate settings, all fields for Amazon, eBay ... etc are enabled and i can enter my code / number, however, the Google Adsense is disabled (although - i have an account with Google Adsense). Why should I go through the process of entering my email addess, the last five digits on my adsense account, instead of just entering my adsense number?

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

You have to give HubPages specific authorization to exhange data with Adsense. Search for "Adsense" in the help menu, top right corner, and you will find the detailed instructions.

3. humanmade profile image60
    humanmadeposted 6 years ago

That's fine, but why this is not the same for other affiliates (like Amazon) where I can use my ID immediatley and not going thru providing information / details for the authorization process between hubpages and Google.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In case of Adsense, we are talking about data being collected by HubPages, then being transferred to your Adsense account, which requires authorization. In case of Amazon etc., these affiliates will set a tracking cookie on your visitor's browser, and you will only get paid in case a purchase is made, so there is no transfer of data between HubPages and the affiliate. That is the only explanation that I can think of.