jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

New info on Brooklynn - 4/28, 9:39 pm EST

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Several of you wonderful hubbers have asked me to keep you updated on my new granddaughter. We just came home from the hospital, and I got to talk with the pediatrician. She had another episode this evening, and they immediately did an echocardiogram. She has fluid around her heart, but the ped saw no major structural problems. He's sending the echo to a pediatric cardiologist in Macon. If the fluid does not abate on its own, they'll send her to Macon.

I got to see her this afternoon, and she's beautiful. She has a beautiful little face, with small features, full cheeks, and a perfect cupid's bow mouth. Her little arms and legs are nicely filled out, too. I hated seeing her with all those wires and IVs hooked up to her.

2. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

Oh! {{HUGS}} Before long you'll be taking her home and giving her all that love you're saving up for her now!! I'm thinking of you guys and sending love your way!!

3. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, and I hope she's able to go home with her parents soon. smile

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Thanks, pals.

5. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Habee this is really sad and it breaks my heart to think of what you and your family are going through. please have faith that if they know what is causing the trouble they are 90% on the way to fixing it. I am truly  hoping that you will be able to share the best news soon. that Broklyn is on her way home to her loving family.
    Best thoughts and wishes.

6. Money Glitch profile image89
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Congratulations on your granddaughter. So sorry to hear her first few days on earth are being unkind to her. sad
    I've experienced a similar instance with my niece about 20 years ago.  She lived sickly for nine months with a hole in her heart before she was properly diagnosed and under went surgery.

It is a helpless, awful feeling time; but God is great and doctors are good with these things. My niece will be a healthy 21 year old in August. Many blessings to Brooklynn and prayers to you and your family to be strengthened at this time. Take care.

7. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Habee, my brother's child was born with a sack of fluid around the heart. After that was discovered, it was drained and all is well, these many years later. I am sure that the more they know, the better for Brooklynn! God Bless, we're all keeping our good thoughts and prayers in her direction. Thanks for keeping us all posted!