jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Can I use Hubpages as a Hubstore (e-shop)?

1. DesigningWeb.org profile image60
    DesigningWeb.orgposted 6 years ago

Blog can be used as blogshop. Can I use Hubpages as a Hubstore (e-shop)? Is it feasible?

As one of the terms of use of Hubpages is that we cannot be too promotional, can we set up Hubpages like a blogshop to sell our own stuff?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why would you wish to use HubPages for this when there are so many specialty sites that are specifically geared towards such a purpose?

I'm one who likes to use the right tool for the job, as it were, and if this was my goal, I'd rather use a site that was made just for that.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

That's not the main focus and purpose of HubPages-- it is not an e-shop, but you certainly can find ways to make your hubs complement your business.

Be careful about the overt promotion, but if you are already selling online, you probably can write hubs about your experience, and related subjects.

3. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

If you create an ebay store you can link your ebay modules to an ebay store, if you use amazon you can link to specific products on amazon, would mean a lot of updating on amazon though, and ebay is closed to new hubpages users (you must own your own website)

4. DesigningWeb.org profile image60
    DesigningWeb.orgposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for the replies.

Indeed, Hubpages doesn't seem to be that suitable to be a standalone e-shop though. I'm just trying to explore the possibility of converting hubs to be "hubstores".

Anyway, can I add a Paypal button in a hub?

5. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

You have no html or script abilities hence no paypal button.