What Arduous Quality Standards Are HubPages Staff Referring To?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (73 posts)
  1. Craan profile image82
    Craanposted 9 years ago

Lately, I have had 11 hubs unfeatured due to Quality Issues. I have assured my hubs do not contain grammatical or spelling errors. I have included relevant video and changed the titles and added new supporting texts and all this to no avail.
    The HubPages Staff continues to  deem my hubs do not fit their quality standards!. I have nearly run out of ideas. I refuse to enroll in their HubPro program since I have seen so many disgruntled users. Besides, my Hubs are my own and  I don’t fancy someone editing them because I can update my hubs myself. Do you think, perhaps, HubPages purposely unfeatured hubs simply because they feel like it. The Hubs they stated were of low quality had scores of 84% to 67%. I am confused and am at the point of giving up. Has this happened to you too?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 9 years agoin reply to this

These are the standards: http://hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

Here are some examples of different ratings: http://hubpages.com/faq/#mturk-hit-examples

1. Craan profile image82
        Craanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank You @ MellisaBarrett!

2. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I just had a look at the second link you gave for examples of good ratings. Take a look at the hub mentioned "Where's Spring At" ...the spelling and grammar is atrocious even though it is written by an Australian(English first language).. And that hub is put up as an example of how to get good ratings?? You have to be kidding me!

1. Millionaire Tips profile image93
          Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The spring hub got a 4 for grammar and mechanics, not a 10. Those are not examples of good hubs, just examples of how to score hubs.

1. Jodah profile image91

Yes you are right Millionaire Tips. My mistake I should have taken more time to read that properly. It was a relevant score for the quality of that hub. I mistakenly assumed those mentioned were examples of well scoring hubs, not that it was showing how to score hubs...duh!

2. Jodah profile image91

Just ignore my previous reply Melissa, I was totally wrong. Sorry.

NP smile

2. conradofontanilla profile image66
      conradofontanillaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am confident on quality. I mind more about the message.

1. Craan profile image82

What do you mean Conradofontanilla? I love HubPages and I am trying to be the best writer I can be here. I am learning a lot too from their scoring system. All I am saying is, perhaps they will UN feature a hub because they feel the hubs content needs to be updated, made afresh since it has been featured for over  two years or more instance.

1. conradofontanilla profile image66
          conradofontanillaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am confident on the quality of what i write. Editors have culture and sometimes writer's culture and editor's culture do not converge.

1. bje117 profile image86
            bje117posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have found this to be true as well. If you write from a Christian perspective and your editor  is an atheist or non-Christian, your content will be judged more  harshly. Trying to stick to more factual articles with data to back them up tends to increase the quality though.

3. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What I'd do, and have done, is write to them and ask them what's wrong

Read here first
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126998

and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127000

4. profile image0

In the very first hub I looked at, you have more than your 2 allowed links to Amazon.
      I'm sure Hubpages has a problem with this

Here is the hub
      http://craan.hubpages.com/hub/The-Benef … uice-Plus#

There is too many ads in this one too
      http://craan.hubpages.com/hub/Wonderful … o-Grandmas

They see these as promotional not informative
      We're allowed 2 links per hub
      When I started five years ago you could have pretty much as many links to Amazon, and Ebay as you wanted, but not anymore

I see a lot wrong, sorry just being honest

I see a lot of hubs that are overly promotional, and others with opinions, not facts, and no references to back up your opinions
      and I think your images are too big, and there's not a lot of information in the hubs

Criteria For A Featured Hub

What Are the Characteristics of an Eight (Plus) Hub?
      *A clear and specific title backed up by a fully-developed message
      *Generous use of concrete facts and figures to back up arguments or assertions
      *Helpful and abundant supportive media ( images, videos)
      *Clear, reader-friendly structure (descriptive subheadings)
      * Visually attractive content (both regarding media and layout)
      *No unrelated links or promotional
      *No spelling or grammatical mistakes

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You, Deborah! I will look into this further,  since The Benefits of Juice Plus+ is not featured, however,Wonderfully Cute Outfits for Toddlers to Wear to Grandma's is featured, despite the many Amazon products that are listed. This all seems confusing at best and a hit or miss game to having hubs featured.

You are allowed to have an Amazon ad for every 50 words, so there really isn't a limit for Amazon ads. In your clothes hub, it makes sense to have a bunch of ads, because the reader is looking for cute clothes to buy, and wants to see the ads for clothes.

In your juice hub, they probably aren't looking for something to buy, so the ads are more spammy.  You should limit your ads, and mention the item in  your text so that the reader knows that you are providing value to him/her and not just throwing an ad in there for your own benefit.

Should probably note as well that over-promotional isn't necessarily limited to the amount of ads per words or hub. If an entire hub is written specifically to promote a product, it isn't a review-its an advertisement. A hub can be over-promotional with one link in those cases.

1. Craan profile image82

This is what The Benefits of Juice Plus+ and I can't change it because it's all about its nutritional advantages. I'll have to live with it being UN Featured! Thank God, I can promote this hub myself and I have been getting many views doing that.

2. profile image0

They changed that 16 months ago
            When did they change it back ?
            Yes there is a limit
            1 per capsule
            Read the one highlighted yellow
            http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115572#post2455026

1. Craan profile image82

One product per capsule doesn't mean one product per hub, at least I don't think so. Many of my hubs speak about many different products on Amazon and I post a link to them too. Most of my hubs are featured and I don't think I am breaking any rules, except, the one that speaks solely of Juice Plus+ But then again HP has published it. It is simply not featured.

1. profile image0

I didn't say it was one link per hub

I said 2 links per hub, but I meant 2 per affliate

Amazon is the only one I have so I guess I  counted it as only 2 links per hub

I just found the thread I posted from when it changed 16 months ago

I saw the ladies here as too many ads for the amount she had written.
                Meaning I would expect that many on a hub with at least 1500 or more words

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93

No it is not a change.  There is a limit of two in-text links to Amazon. There is also a limit of one product per capsule.  But you can have more than one capsule - unlimited in fact, as long as they are relevant to the topic, although you will have to use your best judgment and only have what your readers won't consider spammy.

1. profile image0

That's what I'm telling yo.
                You said it was one amazon ad  link per 50 words
                and  were unlimited

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126937? … ost2680235

If you don't have anything to say, you can't have unlimited capsules

They limited the ads because Google sees them as spam

Not hardly,  answer to everything else you said

I think we are saying the same thing, but it seems like you disagree.

-You can only have two affiliate links per hub, no matter how many words are in the hub.
                  -You can only have one product per Amazon capsule, and each Amazon capsule must be accompanied by at least 50 words of text. You can have as many Amazon capsules as you want, as long as you have enough words in your hub. A 150 word hub can have three Amazon capsules and two affiliate links, according to the rules, but most people would frown on that ratio and prefer more words.
                  -The ads must be directly related to the topic of the hub.

The only rule change I know of in Amazon capsules is that they limited the number of products per capsule to one.  They have changed the formatting too, but that doesn't affect the rules.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As others have said, Deborah is wrong about the Amazon rule.  I think she has confused the overly promotional rule (two links to another website) with the Amazon rule (one product per 50 words).

1. profile image0

No, I am not wrong
            It is not 1 product ad per 50 words
            It is 1 ad per capsule
            You might read what I said here
            http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126937? … ost2680269
            Here is when they changed it to 1 ad per capsule
            Read the one highlighted yellow
            http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115572#post2455026

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Yes, it is one product ad per capsule.   But you can have one capsule per 50 words.   

Paul Edmonson doesn't recommend using that many capsules but it's not actually against the "law".   

The important thing is that every product must be totally relevant to the subject of the Hub.  Using that rule, most people would struggle to find that many products anyway.

1. profile image0

Please post a link to where this is written by Hubpages

Actually it's in the post above the one you linked to

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/115572#post2455013

and Christy's post, which you linked to, said "Glenn Stok's explanation of the recent changes to Amazon and eBay capsules is spot-on."

If you're trying to check on rules, it's much better to use the Help section or the Learning Center than rely on forum posts, though.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … d_22670856

1. profile image0

I read the Help section, and everyone who has posted here, including myself has been a bit wrong.
                    #1 I see a lot of rules, that have been changed that are still written in the help section.
                    We also have to go by what is written by a staff member (In Yellow) because they are kept updated

5. profile image57
      Deslandresposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, in fact I actually left more than once because I could not get anything published. My skills in some areas are very limited, so HubPages may not be right for me unless it becomes more beginner friendly

6. bje117 profile image86
      bje117posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I looked at one of your articles and this is what I saw... no links, no polls, photos further down, not up close, which helps draw attention to the article when people are browsing. Other than that it was quite good.  They are really big on media and adding polls or tables and links all help get it bumped up. I have had pretty much everything I wrote featured unless it is more personal and pertaining to my experience and not the general public. Quoting research articles that back up your material helps too.They really like it when you interview others and report what they have to say because that includes more people and people like to read what you have written about them ;-)... usually!

Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The original post was a very long time ago, so chances are the Hubs look nothing like they did.

The fact is, if a Hub is rejected for Quality, it's not because it's lacking links or polls or photos. Rejected for Quality means the Hub has broken one or more rules - it really is that simple.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with the QAP and having hubs that are unpublished for quality issues.  I did have that happen on one of my hubs, and was able to quickly remedy the issue.  Since you do have hubs that passed the quality test, maybe you can pull up one of the unpublished hubs and think about how it compares to the one that did pass. It may not be a matter of adding something - maybe reading it over, you will find a mistake you didn't catch during your first editing pass.

The HubPro program doesn't start editing right away.  They are choosing particular Hubbers to edit.  I've been signed in from the start, and haven't been contacted (yet).

1. Craan profile image82

I have made sure @Millionaire Tips to double check for grammar and spelling errors. My hubs do pass my test. I believe there is something more. There were featured for years and all of a sudden they didn't meet QAP. This is odd! I've tried and tried again to reword these hubs and added fresh content and to no avail. I don't know what else to do. I guess I'll simply leave them alone for a while and promote my hubs myself on social media.

Are they definitely unFeatured for Quality, or was it just "lack of engagement"?

1. Craan profile image82

I believe I figured why they are not featured for quality, I have been getting heaps of engagement Marisa. Last week I had a brainy idea to post links to my children's lizard book site on most of my hubs. I think QAP picked up on my stupidity and unfeatured my hubs. Today, I removed the links to one hub and it was featured again. Hopefully, by tomorrow most of my hubs will be featured again.

Aha, that would do it.   It wasn't quality that was the issue, it was a breach of HubPages' rules.

ALL links in a Hub MUST be relevant to the Hub's content.  So you could have a link to your book in your Hub about children's books, for instance, but not in your Hub about diabetes in children.

1. Craan profile image82

That is so true! All the while I thought it was something with my writing style and I was editing and editing for nothing. It took me over 5 days to figure this out.

As MillionaireTips says, the lesson is to look at the top of the Hub for messages before you do anything - if you'd done that in this case, you would've seen a message telling you exactly what was wrong.

1. Craan profile image82

Only one hub was overly promotional. The other's didn't show a reason. I reasoned it was because I had some  irrelevant links pointing to Wikipedia  and others with links and stories that were unrelated to the hub topic. I hope I don't have another headache tomorrow. I added new photos and triple checked for grammatical and spelling errors and added new texts. Then I simply won’t know what to do anymore to improve my hubs.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
                    TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

It can be very upsetting when things like this happen, but at least you were able to figure out what you did wrong and make a correction.  Last August Google took 90% of my page views away, and I still do not know why.  I have spent months editing and reorganizing my subdomain in an effort to get those views back.  So far, I have only recaptured 15%...and still do not know what I did!!!  What is weird is that if you look at my Hubber Score, it's always pretty high...go figure!

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
            TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Could they then be overly promotional?

1. Craan profile image82

Nope, only one was over promotional Time Traveler! The links on my hubs were simply not related to the hubs topic. I can't understand why your views would sink so low.  I imaged when one possessed such a tall score, everything was hunky dory with HubPages. I hope this doesn't happen to me.  I've asked the HubPages Staff to give me a definitive answer to the UN featuring of my hubs and they said they couldn't rate it. This would afford me the ability to fix it. I absolutely refuse to join the HubPages HUBPRO Program. I want to elevate the scores of my hubs myself. How else can I improve and learn from my writing, if they fix my hubs?

Was one of the unfeatured ones perhaps the one on stamps and racism?

1. Craan profile image82

Yes, I removed the unrelated links and it was featured again Melissa. I also added another relevant video on the history of rare stamps.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

The "overly promotional" rule does confuse people.  What it means is that you have either too many links to the same website, or unrelated links.  Your book links were unrelated so yes, they were "overly promotional".

3. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 9 years ago

I notice you said your Hubs were "unfeatured" due to quality issues. 

If your Hubs have been unfeatured (content available but not promoted to search engines), that is not the same as being unpublished (content is not available for viewing at all) which is what MillionaireTips then goes on to talk about.

You can read up on what being featured or not means below.
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Featured-Hubs

HubPages guidelines for what they think think constitutes a "stellar" Hub,
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You @Relache! I hope I can manage to get my Hubscore as tall as yours! 98% is amazing, congratulations!

4. Millionaire Tips profile image93
    Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years ago

Craan, I am glad you figured it out.  When a hub is unpublished, there will be a message at the top of the screen when you go to the hub and start editing it.  While it will not give you the exact thing to do to fix it, it will give you a general idea by telling you what category the problem is in.  Yours might have been declared as over-promotional.

1. Craan profile image82

You're correct Millionaire Tips! When I started removing my promotional links two hubs were featured again. Hopefully, the rest will too. I sure learned my lesson.

Before I had written my previous response, I had read one of your hubs, just to see generally how you write.  I chose How to be a Published Author of Children's Books. Not sure I have the title exactly right. 

But anyway, I did notice that you had a lot of links to your book there, but it didn't seem too unrelated.  Even though your audience (wannabe authors) is unlikely to want to buy a children's book, I liked seeing the different ways you are marketing your book.  I hadn't thought of videos like that!

Your story is interesting and something that a new author would want to read, but maybe you could write it in a way that would help give the new author some take away messages about how to do it themselves.  I know there is a list at the top of the page, but right now that list is the only thing that directly relates to the title.  I would have liked to see the items on the list explained in more detail.

I hope you don't mind my giving you advice like this since you didn't ask for it, but I personally love getting other people's thoughts on my writing so I can improve.

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You, Millionaire Tips! You have really good suggestions. I'll try to incorporate some of them in my hub.

I just checked out that Hub and I second MT's comments. Also, delete all those links to Hubs in your second paragraph - they are not about writing, therefore they are also "unrelated".   It makes no difference that they were written by you.   Probably the moderators haven't noticed them yet, but they will.

1. Craan profile image82

Hi Marisa, I changed most of the links on my UN Featured hubs and they are being featured again. I am so happy! I was spamming my readers with irrelevant links and HubPages UN Featured my hubs. I'll have to look into the links that you are referring to in,  How to Become a Published Writer of Children’s Picture Books? I’ll make the necessary changes, there too. Thanks a Million for your Input! I really appreciate it.

5. chefmancave profile image73
    chefmancaveposted 9 years ago

Sheila, you are one the most prolific contributors I have seen on Hubpages. I noticed that many of your topics are religious in orientation. I am also sure that the editors must be especially careful with religious topics. I submitted a hub once that discussed the issues surrounding "making your own cigarettes". It was instantly rejected because tobacco is a highly regulated subject. I would guess religion falls into a similar category. For instance, writing an article about a fanatical religious group would probably be rejected. You are a good person and a great Hubpage contributor.  I hope you don't let your recent problems dissuade your passion for posting articles on Hubpages. In terms of the loss of Google traffic, no one has figured out the magic behind Google especially after THREE major algorithm changes in the last year alone.

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You, ChefmanCave! I appreciate what you have said. I am working extremely hard to please the HubPages Staff. I am learning a lot in the process and my writing is getting better. I speak heaps regarding the Church of Christ because it is the only church, Christ died for, it is His Bride. It has His name stamped on it. I was thinking today about starting another HubPages account, however, after I did a bit of research I decided against it. It's not a good idea to have multiple HubPages accounts because you have a higher chance of being banned from HP for promotional material and unsupported links. Most of my troubles were  with unsupported links. Therefore, I decided not to chance my luck with HP.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

Not quite. There is a difference for being unpublished for violation of TOS and being unfeatured for quality. The people rating the hubs are given absolutely no guidelines for topic. We don't care. We can report a TOS violation if we see one (same flag option that is on hopper), but then we continue to rate the hub as normal.

With that said, I've rated a lot of hubs and I will admit that religious and political hubs generally fall into two categories, the first is the well-organized,well-researched, well-written, full-of-supporting details hub. The second is the "rant" hub.

The first scores very well, the second doesn't. They fail on substance. I've seen hubs I would estimate to be well over 1500 words that say absolutely nothing. Of course I've also seen 400 word hubs that are brilliant. (We don't count words, btw, just rough guessing it)

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You, Melissa! How can I determine how my hubs rate? I don't see any indication, except, the penalization of an occational unpublished or unfeatured hub.

You can't. Unfeatured/featured is the only indication. Raters don't even know the exact pass/fail numbers.

1. Craan profile image82

This is horrible, Melissa if this is true, because we are being penalized for it!

Not, it's really not. HP gives plenty of information on what is needed to be featured. It also provides a forum to get suggestions on how to improve your hubs. It lists the grading rubric and also gives examples.

1. Craan profile image82

Thank You, Melissa!

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12019852.jpg

7. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 9 years ago

Here's some more reading and explanations on the subject
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114376#post2433020

That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about, finding rules on forums is dangerous.  That link is from before the most recent change, when two products PER CAPSULE were allowed.   Please look at the link to the Learning Centre I gave you, to read the current rules on Amazon.

It is now one product per capsule, and one capsule per 50 words.

8. profile image0

From Hubpages Help Section, which supports my original statement of 2 keyword links.
    I thought it was 2 links each for Amazon and Ebay products also
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/crea … te-account

I don’t mind admitting when I am wrong, however technically  I’m not wrong because Hubpages prefers links are kept to a minimum
    I DO mind when 4-6 people in one thread, post to say I am wrong..so…

But Hubpages does not recommend 1 product to every 50 words because they are usually distracting Read on

Every Product Needs 50 Words of Original Text

In order to maintain a standard of high quality, HubPages requires that every Hub contain 50 words per Amazon or eBay product, e.g., if you have three related Amazon products in your Hub, you need 150 original words. Hubs that fall below this threshold will be moderated and need to be updated before they can be republished.

Be Mindful of the Number of eBay or Amazon Capsules You Use

Even if you have enough text to support your product listings, we recommend only adding Amazon and eBay Capsules if they create a richer, more informative Hub. Superfluous capsules can lead to slow-loading pages that drive readers away from your Hub and can hurt your ranking in search results.
    (My note: if you do not abide by this, Hubpages has a right not to feature, or to unfeature a hub)

What's more, the maximum number of keyword-based products that can be listed per capsule have been reduced to two as of April 2013. Amazon or eBay Capsules featuring more than two keyword or seller ID-based products will not be altered by this change, however if they are edited, the maximum number of products featured will automatically be reduced to two

9. profile image0

Now I remember why I thought it was only 2
    I had 3 amazon product links in this hub (not keyword or ID links)
    A link to your Hub: http://deborah-sexton.hubpages.com/hub/(name of hub removed)

Hi Deborah Sexton,

As you are part of the HubPages community, we want you to succeed, so we want to let you know that your Hub has been unpublished because it is Overly Promotional. If this is the first time you've gotten an email like this, don't worry! You'll have an opportunity to fix it.

Overly Promotional means that one or more of the following is true about your Hub. It:
    *Solely or excessively promotes another site, product, or service (not the case In my Hub)
    *Links more than 2 times to a single domain (not the case In my Hub)
    *Has excessive Amazon or eBay capsules (I had 3)

When you are finished editing your Hub so that it complies with our Terms of Use, please click the "Submit for Publication" button. We will then review your Hub and publish it if it is no longer in violation.

Please note that repeated violations will result in the banning of your account. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our Terms of Use and our Learning Center before publishing again:

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … romotional

Sincerely,
    The HubPages Team

So I removed all three links
    Resubmitted it and got this email

Dear Deborah Sexton,

Your Hub has been cleared for publication, and published.

A link to your Hub: http://deborah-sexton.hubpages.com/hub/(name of hub removed)

Sincerely,

The HubPages Team

After this, what was I supposed to think?

When was that? 

At one time, each Amazon capsule could have 8 products in it.  So every time you used a capsule, HubPages counted it as potentially having 8 products in it - even if you'd only chosen one or two.    So, three capsules = 24 products which could easily trigger the filter.  I remember because it happened to me too, and I can remember posting in the forums asking the question.

10. Theias Corner profile image66
    Theias Cornerposted 5 years ago

omg i feel you. I have exhausted my 4 attempts to publish my writings but QAP rejected them again sad I always proofread my writings before i publish them but i dont know what this QAP wants

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)