Choosing the best web addres for Hubs

1. doban profile image60
    dobanposted 6 years ago

Is it better to shorten the web address on new Hubs by taking out short irrelevant words such as "and," "if," etc. or is it better to leave them in?  The page says to have concise addresses but I can't find anywhere that says how to do that correctly or how it makes a difference. I checked the FAQ and did a search of the forums and hubs but could not find it.  I have shortened a couple of my hub addresses by taking those words.  I want to write more hubs but I want to make sure I am on the right track.

2. Eileen Hughes profile image85
    Eileen Hughesposted 6 years ago

Good keyword are the most important.  I have seen long titles that have done really well and also very short ones.  I believe that the keywords are the most important. 
    And the quality and content that you write.
    Although others may be able to help you more so with this.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think you just want to select a suitable title, then let the keyword generation tool do the rest for you. A good title will be something like this:

"Choosing a suitable Hub address" or (even better) "Optimizing your Hub Address".

If you want to add more text, then put a colon or hyphen, like this: "Optimizing your Hub Address: Is that difficult?"

The reason for building titles this way is that readers tend to focus on the first 3-4 words, therefore they have to be descriptive.

If you do this, combined with the keyword generation tool, you will also get good, original URLs. And in the search engines, the first 3-4 words will come up as a unit, whether or not you choose to include additional text (after the colon/hyphen) in your URL.