jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Google Analytics Question

1. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

Okay, I followed the instructions and got my ID in my affiliate settings.

But it's still showing not tracking after almost 72 hours.

The only thing I can think of is that the ID I saw Paul give ended in a dash-# and mine didn't.

But I added a dash before the last number and it finally accepted it (on Hub Pages).

So now what? Someone else originally set up my Analytics for my other websites, so all I do is log in and check them, but is there anything else to do other than add it in (my profile page)?

1. 0
      mail2vijayagarwalposted 8 years ago in reply to this

There is nothing more required . Simply add it to profile page . One more thing is Set up website profile in Google Analytics. Go to Add website profile and enter the url of your profile on hubpages.

1. 0
        TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Ack! Now see? I had read another forum thread where someone said they didn't need to add anything to their code. No WONDER it's not working. lol. I thought it very odd that you didn't need to insert anything but I assumed there was some underground super secret deal with HP Google had made wink Thanks so much!

2. 0

Okay, no - I'm not sure where to add it. I tried adding it in the Bio box?

The script thingy?

This is totallyllllllly confusing. Someone needs to do a step by step.

1. 0
      mail2vijayagarwalposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Script kind of thing is not required . Simply go to "My Account"->Affiliate Settings- and edit Analytics paste your id and you are done.There is no ned of #. your affiliate id will be like    
      UA-XXXXXXX-X  where X is a number.

2. caspar profile image83
      casparposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Already done! http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Analytics-for-Hubpages

It does seem to take a few days sometimes for the tracker to be picked up.

Good luck!

3. 0

Got it working - thanks to someone who emailed me direct smile

Boy it sure isn't clear. Some people were syaing to enter your profile URL while others said to just type in Hubpages.com - pulled teeth, but it's there now wink