Seeing Adsense Clicks in Analytics - Linking Adsense and Analytics

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

Why am I not getting this? What do I need to do?

I click on content and see no place for adsense. No button in the left sidebar or anywhere else.

Are my adsense and analytics not 'linked'? I mean they are, near as I can figure, same account, I click on the go to your google analytics from my adsense, so they seem linked, but maybe there's some other form of linking them that I am unaware of?

1. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi PB  -  missed you lately, you been causing enough trouble around the place to keep you happy big_smile

Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey there China, good to see you're still here, keeping things under control. wink

I've been trying to stay away from the forums lately. Cause they always suck me in and then I waste a whole day, or two, or a whole week, arguing with presumptious people over incredibly irrelevant stuff that truly has no bearing in my own life anyway.

I have always had a problem with these kinds of forums. I'm an addict, so I have to watch myself.

That said, it's good to get a fix of it every once in a while. big_smile

2. starme77 profile image77
        starme77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ya got that right lol  lol lol

starme, I don't know what you're talking about. I never cause any trouble.
          big_smile

2. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You need to physically link the two. If you signed up with the same email address, when you go to the main AdSense screen, you should see a link that asks if you want to connect it to Analytics. If you don't, then you either used two different email addresses OR you have already linked it to another domain in Analytics. For instance, I have personal blogs as well as HP. I can only link AdSense to one of them.

I'm confused. It's not happening.

They must -I assume- already be linked because instead of link to analytics account, I get the go to analytics account button. Yes, they're under same login info.

I also googled it, and found info, including a video, and where they have the link to button I have the go to button, so I'm sure they're linked.

But of my 5 profiles in analytics, none of them are showing adsense info, clicks and earnings, anywhere. I hit the contents button in left sidebar, several new options appear, but none of them are adsense, on any of my five profiles.

Now when I first opened my adsense account it was last year for my first HP account. Then my dad passed away and I quit for several months. When I came back in January I opened a new account, and then a couple more, as well as a blog at some point. I also cleaned up my analytics account to get rid of the older and original profile.

So I'm guessing that would have been the profile I had originally linked to.

So now I'm trying to figure out how to change it. I found a google help page telling me to "3.Look for the Edit AdSense linking settings link at the top of your account's Overview page" -emphasis their's- but all I have is an "Edit Account Settings" link.

I clicked that - no help, nothing there about it. Just an option to delete my account or change my timezone, followed by data sharing permissions, both of which are set to yes and have been, but neither seem to be referencing linking adsense and analytics.

(sigh)

BTW I think you can link to your blog as well. The info I found said you get one primary and then other domains can be linked to using a snippet code which you insert. So you couldn't link to two diff HP accounts I guess, since we can't insert code, as far as I know, but if you can on your blog then you could be linking to it, too.

But first -like me- you'd have to figure out where to edit the link, I guess.

2. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 13 years ago

AdSense stats should show up in several places if it's correctly linked.

AdSense doesn't appear under Content itself, but farther down. You hit Content, then look farther down below Site Search and before Event Tracking.

Or you should be able to go to Top Content after clicking on Content, then click on one of the title links, and see a section for AdSense performance towards the bottom of that page.

Now if from there you then go and change the None in the third drop-down box to, say, Region, then a new grayed-out tab saying AdSense Revenue appears on the page behind Content Performance.

If you're seeing none of those appearances of AdSense, then yes, there must be a problem.

3. profile image0
    EmpressFelicityposted 13 years ago

To make your website profile "talk" to Adsense in Google Analytics, you first need to go to the Analytics Settings section.  You should see a panel with each of your website profiles listed.  On the right hand side, there will be an Edit button.  Click on the Edit button for the profile concerned. 

The screen you see now should have a top section which is entitled "Main Website Profile Information".  Click the Edit button for this (top right hand corner of panel).  The bottom of the page you're taken to should have a section entitled "AdSense Data", with a box that you can tick to tell Google Analytics that the profile should receive Adsense data.  Tick the box.

Then click the "Save changes" button at the bottom of the page.

1. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sneaky little devils... I'm in Analytics quite often and I never saw that little Edit button hiding there. smile

1. profile image0
        EmpressFelicityposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It's well hidden, isn't it?  It took me ages to realise that I'd have to do this every time I added a new profile to Analytics.

2. Pandoras Box profile image61

Thank you Empress, great step by step instructions, and I appreciate it. But for me it isn't there.

When I get inside that last screen, the 'edit profile info' screen, for each one of my profiles, there is no adsense buttons or mentions etc. Just stuff like profile name, url, blah blah blah, then a section for E-Commerce Website -yes or no, and Google Site Search - do or don't or add. That's it.

Can anyone else confirm for me that their analytics accounts has adsense linking info on this 'edit profile info' page? Cause I got nothin'. Quite frustrating.

4. surf traveler profile image77
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

I'm having the exact same problem as Pandora's Box. I already had adsense prior to Hubpages and it was linked up to my primary website for analytics. In analytics I can see adsense revenue for each page of the website. There appears to be no option to see adsense when I look at hubpages within my google analytics account.
    When I log into Adsense, I created a channel for hubpages. I can see my revenue for hubpages as a channel, so I know that my hubpages adsense is being credited to me. I just can't get it to link to analytics.
    I know exactly where the adsense button should be in analytics because it is there on my main site. No button when I switch over to view hubpages.
    I've spent at least three hours messing around with Google help pages etc and just can't figure out what I'm missing. If anyone can help, I'd sure appreciate it.

5. Pandoras Box profile image61

Surf Traveler just thought I'd pass along that the only thing I've been able to figure out is that alot of analytics users share our problem.

I'm still not sure what the problem is, but there are dozens of entries on google's help pages from people who simply don't have the 'edit adsense linking settings' button in their account.

Google doesn't seem to be talking. Other than for one or two people who were suffering from different issues, there's no reported solution I've been able to find.

I'm giving up on it for now.

6. Pandoras Box profile image61

Actually, surf traveler, i just reread yer problem. Adsense will only autolink to the first Analytics profile you select. All other profiles or domains must be linked by means of you inserting a code in your html. Can't do that at hubpages.

If you have a 'edit adsense linking settings', then you should be able to disable the main link and start over, using your hubpages account as your main adsense linked profile, and then inserting the given code into your website and making that one of the secondary links. But I don't know what disabling it will do to your data history.

For me it seems that analytics/adsense linking capabilities simply aren't enabled in my account. Google help pages did say early on that they were rolling out the feature in stages, so mine may simply be among the overlooked I guess.

7. Susana S profile image93
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

Try this:

Go to analytics >>

CLick analytics settings >>

Click Edit account settings >>

Check "share my analytics date with other google products" >>

Click save

Then I wonder if you'll see the "Edit adsense linking settings" link?

If you do, click it and make hubpages your primary domain. Then follow the instructions by clicking continue.

8. Pandoras Box profile image61

Thank you Susana, but it's been set to yes all along.

It'll work out. I didn't even know about it until like yesterday I guess, so I guess I'll get over what I have only briefly known I was missing.

Bummer was I was very excited to hear it. My family and I have started something that is going to contain well over 200 pages. We've been debating about how to handle the 200 channel limit. Not have adsense ads on most of the pages which actually is an option we're leaning towards, or group them by subdomains, which wouldn't be too incredibly useful.

So I briefly thought it wouldn't be any problem if I could avoid the 200 channel limit, but oh well. Probably not a real big deal, because we were heavily leaning towards not putting any adsense on the vast majority of pages anyway.

So for now I'm just gonna forget about it. smile

Thank you though, it's a great suggestion, I thought that might be it when I first saw that too, but it was aleady set to yes. sad

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

OK, well sorry it didn't work sad And the best of luck with your endeavour!

9. surf traveler profile image77
    surf travelerposted 13 years ago

Pandoras Box, thanks for the reply on my problem with analytics. For now, it looks like I'll have to use individual channels for each hub or group of hubs in adsense to track how each hub is doing.

10. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years ago

OK--I'm going to toss in the proverbial monkey wrench, here.  I've read this thread, and don't see my exact issue, but, since this was about Ad Sense, and therein lies my question, I'll jump in.

I already have AdSense enabled on one of my blogs.  On here, I keep seeing people ask about 'waiting for approval.'  HUH??  On my blog, when I activated it, I went through the steps, and when I finished, it was just there.  No 'waiting period.'

However, I was trying to add in my HP as an additional domain, and according to the instructions on here, the domain should be just Hub Pages, generically, and not one's profile page or any specific post.  I believe I did do that, but I don't see anywhere on here that it exists on my Hub Pages, whereas I can see Ad Sense from my blog.

As a side note, since it was also mentioned in this thread, Analytics, is just a can of worms for me.  I have it enabled for my Etsy shop, but I really find it full of information I don't even understand, so it's pretty useless.  It will not work with my blog...and someone elsewhere familiar with Google previously told me that GA doesn't 'like' Blogger.  Strange, since they are both Google products.
    That problem aside, I can't see how I can add HP to analytics, because it gives you a code you have to paste on the desired site, and I see nowhere on here to paste any such code.

It's all so confusing!  I'm a writer, not a computer geek!
    :-) :-|

1. Susana S profile image93
      Susana Sposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When people sign up for adsense through hubpages they often need to wait for approval. This is particularly the case when the hubber is located in India or China. Signing up for adsense through a blogger blog is one of the best ways to get an adsense account quickly.

Put your adsense ID into your affiliate settings here: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate
      And follow the instructions. When it asks if you have an existing adsense ID click yes.

It's easy to add analytics to a blogger blog here's how: http://www.andywibbels.com/how-to-add-g … gger-blog/

You need to select hubpages as your primary domain in your analytics settings, then no code is needed. (though you still need to add your analytics ID in your affiliate settings)

I know it's hard to get your head round - I struggled with it too at first, but once you've done it a few times it gets easier smile

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
        DzyMsLizzyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Susana S--
          Thank you for that info.  Finally got it to work, after I got my head out of my backside & realized it was asking for the 'last [i]five[/] digits of my phone number, and not the last 4, as is more standard.  OY!!  Not awake yet!  neutral

As far as analytics, I'm thinking I'll just leave it go for now.  As I said I have it enabled on my Etsy shop, and don't understand half of what its telling me, and don't know how to 'fix' the parts I do understand.  ::: sigh :::

sad

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)